Speculation New training ground in the pipeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is in the definition of 'realistic asking price'. Presumably the council sold it to the golf club at a realistic price for a golf club. What is the realistic price for a football training ground? Or is Soulsby trying to 'screw rich foreigners'. I'm sure that people living closer than I do will have an opinion on that.

The price in the covenant is from before his time.

Clearly the current owner of the golf course knew of this, perhaps he chose not to divulge in the early stages and though once the club had plans they'd pay anyway?

Is the actual price in the covenant or just the fact that the council could recoup an unspecified realistic price? It seems to me to be the latter.

I do though agree with the sentiment of your second paragraph.

The price in the covenant is from before his time.

Clearly the current owner of the golf course knew of this, perhaps he chose not to divulge in the early stages and though once the club had plans they'd pay anyway?

There is no price in the covenant. The price was plucked out of the air by Soulsby and his cronies. I'm glad the club have decided to look elsewhere.

There is no price in the covenant. The price was plucked out of the air by Soulsby and his cronies.

I don't know much about local (to Leicester) politics but it seems that the council have been willing to allow the land to be used for golfing rather cheaply but to deny that to anybody else. I wonder if councillors have more friends who play golf than go to football.

I don't know much about local (to Leicester) politics but it seems that the council have been willing to allow the land to be used for golfing rather cheaply but to deny that to anybody else. I wonder if councillors have more friends who play golf than go to football.

That would be a bit of a stretch as the Council closed down one of its municipal golf courses a couple of years ago, and the tide's gone out on golf as a sport, with many of the courses built in the boom years of the 1990s going bust as the trend for middle aged sport is lycra louts on bicycles.

The whole ownership thing is a bit of a mystery, or anomaly. The site was originally the Leicester Industrial School Farm, well known to people of my vintage as Desford Approved School (...err we played them at cricket), and lies well outside the city boundary. It's possibly got a commercial value as it's well-placed near M1 J21a for yet another "logistics hub" for us to be blessed/cursed with

Leicester City supporters will have an opportunity to learn more about the Club’s proposed new state-of-the-art training facility in Charnwood at King Power Stadium on Saturday 3 March, 2018.

Ahead of the Premier League fixture against Bournemouth, representatives from the Football Club, project managers Deloitte and architects KSS Design Group will host an exhibition and discussion of site plans and strategy for the new facility – described by Vice-Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha as a ‘once in a generation opportunity’.

The views of Foxes fans are vital to the success of the project, with all members of the Leicester community invited to attend the exhibition outside the City Fanstore between 10am and 3pm. Along with the exhibition, there will be opportunities to ask questions about the Club’s plans for the site, which was previously occupied by Park Hill Golf Club and is a key element in King Power International’s long-term vision for the Football Club.

The informal consultation environment aims to provide supporters, residents and businesses with an opportunity to learn about and discuss the plans in as much detail as possible. The Club will also be reaching out to local people as it seeks to put its community at the heart of a project to provide Leicestershire with both a world-class sporting environment and community programmes to rival the best in the country.

In addition to the discussions at King Power Stadium, a questionnaire will also be available on tablet devices to complete on-site. Season Ticket Holders and Members will also be contacted directly to contribute their views on the Club’s plans.

Supporters will find the exhibition on the stadium site, directly outside the City Fanstore, open from 10am until 3pm.

Leicester City supporters will have an opportunity to learn more about the Club’s proposed new state-of-the-art training facility in Charnwood at King Power Stadium on Saturday 3 March, 2018.

Ahead of the Premier League fixture against Bournemouth, representatives from the Football Club, project managers Deloitte and architects KSS Design Group will host an exhibition and discussion of site plans and strategy for the new facility – described by Vice-Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha as a ‘once in a generation opportunity’.

The views of Foxes fans are vital to the success of the project, with all members of the Leicester community invited to attend the exhibition outside the City Fanstore between 10am and 3pm. Along with the exhibition, there will be opportunities to ask questions about the Club’s plans for the site, which was previously occupied by Park Hill Golf Club and is a key element in King Power International’s long-term vision for the Football Club.

The informal consultation environment aims to provide supporters, residents and businesses with an opportunity to learn about and discuss the plans in as much detail as possible. The Club will also be reaching out to local people as it seeks to put its community at the heart of a project to provide Leicestershire with both a world-class sporting environment and community programmes to rival the best in the country.

In addition to the discussions at King Power Stadium, a questionnaire will also be available on tablet devices to complete on-site. Season Ticket Holders and Members will also be contacted directly to contribute their views on the Club’s plans.

Supporters will find the exhibition on the stadium site, directly outside the City Fanstore, open from 10am until 3pm.
Postponed:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/632157/pu...w-training-facility-rescheduled/press-release

I’ve just spent an interesting afternoon with some people from KSS Design Group....

It was. It wasn’t just the training ground they mentioned, either.
It would probably be more interesting for the rest of us if there was something interesting you were willing to share. ;)

Feck me

Someone give me back those twelve seconds i've just lost by reading this fascinating update.

I demand them back now - i could have used them for a good wank on the top deck of the bus at the park and ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757