New Training Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2007, our manager spoke about our training ground:

'They (flowerbeds) were all tatty and horrible,' said Allen. 'They had those grey stones, the ones you get at the cemetery. When you're really ill, you get a little leaflet sent through saying which colour do you want put on top of you. So we've put in nice white, yellow and blue flowers with pretty bark all over them. This is now the place to come in and make yourself a better player.'

For some reason, those flowerbeds didn't make our players better.

In 2020, our manager spoke about the new training ground:

"Going forward, you look at the ambition of the training facility because every good player wants to get better, regardless of their age. We are going to move into one of the best training grounds in the world and that is so exciting as a development coach. That is a huge selling point. In terms of development, this will be a great proposition for you here. You can come here and develop and become a real footballer".

“The players are very excited. It’s really going to be sensational to drive into work every day. The pitches, the analysis, the sports science, medicine, it’s going to be an amazing facility.

“This is right up there with the best in the world. It’s an absolutely incredible investment by the club. It’s one of the big reasons to come here. I’m a developer, that’s my life. It’s a facility where there’s been no expense spared, it’s phenomenal.

“There’s no excuse for any player. If you’re talking about influencing players to become better and improve, you need the environment, and the people in there, but there’s no excuse while you are there not to become better if you want to because it has everything you would want at the very elite level of modern football from the sports science to the pitches, to the academy. It will be absolutely pivotal to how we function going forward in every way.”

Time will tell, but this time we might have found another way to close the gap on the sides we are trying to compete with.

On the other hand, Seagrave looks big enough for both. How many pitches do you need to use at once?
its not just the first team they want a full academy set up too for the women's team to have a bespoke ready made facility to do this in is huge for them

Remember when the Srivaddhanaprabha family took over LCFC: they said their ambition was to make us a top six club - and we all laughed...

Guess we're not laughing now (just beaming!!!)
It’s worth repeating this every time something difficult is stated as a goal. Incredible.

Remember when the Srivaddhanaprabha family took over LCFC: they said their ambition was to make us a top six club - and we all laughed...

To be fair I think most Leicester fans weren't laughing. I certainly wasn't. Just excited. The general consensus amongst most other fans and ex pro commentators etc was 'what a crackpot'....

Didn’t he say a top four club? Or was that when we got promoted? Can’t remember now.

No two ways about it, the new training ground IS a statement; a statement of the club's intentions and ambition. It's one helluva building/development. Personally, I'm somewhat gobsmacked that it's all for 'little old Leicester'.

Tbh, it almost makes me embarrassed, kinda ashamed of the sheer front of it. I'm not used to such grandiose statements and lofty ambition. I might have to follow some other team just for it match more closely my own more modest demeanour. Not sure I'm comfortable with the thought of being a 'top 4/big 6' fan... but I'm sure I can get over it!

No two ways about it, the new training ground IS a statement; a statement of the club's intentions and ambition. It's one helluva building/development. Personally, I'm somewhat gobsmacked that it's all for 'little old Leicester'.

Tbh, it almost makes me embarrassed, kinda ashamed of the sheer front of it. I'm not used to such grandiose statements and lofty ambition. I might have to follow some other team just for it match more closely my own more modest demeanour. Not sure I'm comfortable with the thought of being a 'top 4/big 6' fan... but I'm sure I can get over it!
Think of it as being an apprentice you've done the hard work by following Leicester in the championship and league one and many many years of mediocrity now your the boss and its time to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
I'm going to enjoy every last minute of it because it could go back to how it was

Maybe one day we will just be referred to as just "City"

Found it:

I've been listening to the Sporf football uncovered podcast in which they talk about some of the strange takeovers at clubs - Blackburn, Villa and Birmingham. Pretty much every one of those owners came in saying they would deliver European football and cement the club in the top 4. That's the reason people laughed, at that time it seemed as though our owners could well be just the same as everyone else rich enough to buy a football club.

That they were not like everyone else is the bit we all go so wrong.

I wondered if it could be a good source of income, in particular for the pre-season market, when we're not there, but I'm not sure if 30 bedrooms in the hotel is enough. St George's Park generates a lot of business this way and it crossed my mind that this would also be a great facility for this type of thing. If it could work, then it could act as another revenue stream, given we're often talking about how we need to increase our income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757