Post Match Newcastle 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But yes in all seriousness, next time I’ll come up with my own ****ish phrases in response to their ****ishness language used when singling my posts out.

“Apparent next-level football knowledge”...for ****s sake.

(I may have made up the word ****ish)

Didn't really see any of the game as I was DIYing but seen the goals and both were excellent finishes and whenever I did see a moment, we seemed to be going forward.

1 point of top now, 4 points ahead of the amazing Ancelotti, 18 points ahead of Brian Potter's seagulls and just taken 3 points against a team that recently held the champions so seems reason to be quite a happy new year.

Now time to give the fringe players a chance in the FA Cup - as much as I really want to see us win it one day, with Europe and the covid/no fans situation, I'd be less disappointed than usual seeing us exit the FA Cup this year as we don't have the squad to push on in 3 competitions.

Uninspiring and unconvincing. But even in spite of that, we found ourselves comfortably 2-0 up due to the complete ineptness of Newcastle.

We then had our manager try to lose it for us by changing our formation when comfortable, not sure whether it was through overthinking or plain arrogance, but it was ****ing stupid nevertheless.

But we got the three points in the end thankfully.
I don’t think Newcastle were inept. The fact that we couldn’t t play through them iwas down to their shape and discipline. Yet despite that, we scored two very good goals that were both a result of very good play by us. Liverpool couldn’t break them down. And I know we’re only one Lookman signing from having an attack as good as theirs, but we managed to get ourselves into a comfortable lead.

I wouldn’t have changed the shape either. But I don’t see bringing on a centre-half to see out the game when they’ve resorted to long ball tactics as arrogant. And watching it yes it was a nervous last five minutes. But in hindsight we saw the game out relatively comfortably, without Schmeichel having to do much, and is creating chances to get a third.

Not bad but not great either. We deserved the points though. Typical opposition performance where they sat back hoping they might be able to press us into a mistake. I thought Albrighton was great today, Maddison too. Harvey Barnes was really shit throughout. Personally don't think Tielemans had a great game either but his goal was magnificent.

Stick him on for Evans or Fofana then, rather than disrupt the whole team.

Or better still, play him against Stoke.
Now taking off a centre half with a 2-0 lead and ten mins to go would absolutely have been arrogant.

Not bad but not great either. We deserved the points though. Typical opposition performance where they sat back hoping they might be able to press us into a mistake. I thought Albrighton was great today, Maddison too. Harvey Barnes was really shit throughout. Personally don't think Tielemans had a great game either but his goal was magnificent.

I thought Barnes scared them shitless throughout. Super work on our first.

I’m happy. I bet Fitz is happier though, given that he no doubt mixes with many of their fans. Always nice when you’re able to gloat a bit :038:

I will have a smug look on my face for a while aye. Bantz are a thing of the past unfortunately. It's all Bruce's fault for playing the negative football they all loved Rafa for.....very odd and tiring.

Well we were defensively solid for 80 minutes, then changed the shape and we were as shaky as **** for 10 minutes.

It’s about changing it at all when we were so comfortable. Not about changing from 2 to 3 or 3 to 2.
Was that purely down to our change in formation and nothing else, or did Newcastle bringing on Carroll and completely changing their tactics also contribute?

Didn't really see any of the game as I was DIYing but seen the goals and both were excellent finishes and whenever I did see a moment, we seemed to be going forward.

1 point of top now, 4 points ahead of the amazing Ancelotti, 18 points ahead of Brian Potter's seagulls and just taken 3 points against a team that recently held the champions so seems reason to be quite a happy new year.

Now time to give the fringe players a chance in the FA Cup - as much as I really want to see us win it one day, with Europe and the covid/no fans situation, I'd be less disappointed than usual seeing us exit the FA Cup this year as we don't have the squad to push on in 3 competitions.
Yeah but the big question out of all that is - What ya built, M17TT?

I will have a smug look on my face for a while aye. Bantz are a thing of the past unfortunately. It's all Bruce's fault for playing the negative football they all loved Rafa for.....very odd and tiring.
:017: Yeah, that makes perfect sense, what with Rafa’s flowing, attacking football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757