Post Match Newcastle 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but the big question out of all that is - What ya built, M17TT?
Haha nothing particularly interesting this time, just had to put an extra handrail up at my parents as my dad had a fall before Christmas but should be home this week.

There's not much I'll miss a game for but family come before football and it was on in the background anyway.

Looking forward to MOTD later though for sure but doesn't seem like it was that good of a game to watch the recording!

Haha nothing particularly interesting this time, just had to put an extra handrail up at my parents as my dad had a fall before Christmas but should be home this week.

There's not much I'll miss a game for but family come before football and it was on in the background anyway.
Hope he’s ok bud

Was that purely down to our change in formation and nothing else, or did Newcastle bringing on Carroll and completely changing their tactics also contribute?
I guess we don’t know exactly. Maybe it was a combination of both, or could have been either, or could have been neither and completely coincidental. We can’t know for sure.

All we know for sure is that we were so comfortably defensively for 80 minutes and then we went to pot for the last 10 and Newcastle could have easily equalised.

If anyone's still interested, Sky should be doing post match analysis of our match after the ads.

Likely to be interrupted by interviews though....

Everyone protecting Bodgers for changing the backline with 10 minutes to go can **** right off.

Cost me my coupon the meddling bastard.

I thought that was a very good performance against a very stubborn Newcastle side. We had the quality when it counted, and were pretty comfortable.

The tactical change was a sensible one to defend a 2 -0 lead with Carol coming on. Soyunchu has the best chance of any of our defences of competing physically with Carol, and an extra man at the back is important to win the second ball as Newcastle flooded forward. The goal we conceeded had nothing to do with that.

Other than the goal Kasper wasn't really tested, and we came closer to scoring again.

A job well done!

The tactical change was a sensible one to defend a 2 -0 lead with Carol coming on. Soyunchu has the best chance of any of our defences of competing physically with Carol, and an extra man at the back is important to win the second ball as Newcastle flooded forward. The goal we conceeded had nothing to do with that.

If that's why Cags was sent on then why was he nowhere near the bloke when we banged in his first goal in 32 years?

Seems strange to put someone on to nullify his threat and then let him stand completely unmarked on a set piece.

All the analytics in the game these days and we have Carroll on his own, shit like this really pisses me off.

If that's why Cags was sent on then why was he nowhere near the bloke when we banged in his first goal in 32 years?

Seems strange to put someone on to nullify his threat and then let him stand completely unmarked on a set piece.

All the analytics in the game these days and we have Carroll on his own, shit like this really pisses me off.
I agree the defending of the free kick was abysmal. Two of our own players obstruct each other to poorly clear a ball no Newcastle player is challenging for, and should have been easily claimed by the keeper, and we leave their biggest threat free. Comical stuff, but nothing to do with the tactical change.

Our set pieces at both ends are farcical and have been for a long time.

It seems a bit of a catch 22 situation in that we are so shit at attacking corners/set pieces that the defence have no real test in training that makes them shitter and the cycle repeats.

I could only listen on the radio today, but the commentators picked out our corners for praise a few times. Did make me wonder...

Madison has greatly improved his delivery recently I agree. Though I believe we are still yet to score from one.

Just looking back at the game. The notion that we didn't play through them seems pretty flawed.
Outside of the goal we created at least the below golden opportunities, and I've definitely missed a couple.
Vardy left foot shot clean through on the left, Vardy marginally disallowed offside goal through on the right, vardy played through and hits crossbar - then flagged after play complete. Barnes played 1 on 1 and hits Darlow in face. Barnes drags shot inches wide from inside the box late on. Fofana free header from 7 yards goes just over.

Just watching the highlights for this one. Highlights make it look like we steam-rolled them but we all know that wasn't really the case, particularly in the first half.
Both goals are high quality strikes - Tielemans' was an absolute pearler. Very good indeed.

Not sure Rodgers is at fault for Carroll's goal in terms of substitutions (but definitely for STILL not sorting out set pieces). Carroll comeson at the same time as Soyuncu. An extra defender when they bring on a big man - makes perfect sense if Carroll doesn't immediately score.

When we score, everyone in the team looks really happy with it. More so than other teams.
Our dressing room mindset must be top notch, the synergy between the team is very good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757