Post Match Newcastle 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
...When we score, everyone in the team looks really happy with it. More so than other teams...

This is something I've noticed with Man. City. When they score you hardly ever see someone smiling, they just all come together stony faced do a big group hug then disperse. It's almost as if they're saying "we've scored so what, we can do it anytime we want."

The way Newcastle played is one that has caused us severe problems in the recent past. They were content to sit back and block space. We have shown improvement, this season and this was another advance. We are becoming more of an all round team.

The way Newcastle played is one that has caused us severe problems in the recent past. They were content to sit back and block space. We have shown improvement, this season and this was another advance. We are becoming more of an all round team.
Scoring against teams that defend well (ish) is a hell of an attribute, as you have to be very quick to take advantage of any kind of gap. Both of our goals yesterday were superbly worked strikes that needed quality and positioning to finish off. We've come a long way!

Got bored so watched the highlights from this game again today. I still can't quite believe some of the nonsense about Maddison spouted in the match thread. Some of the things he did today were awesome. The ball into Vardy for his offside goal, some cracking passes through the eye of a needle to Albrighton the movement and finish for his goal, his tracking back and countless other brilliant touches to get play moving, especially with Barnes... he was excellent.

Just to add, for those that rely on stats only, he is 4th on the list of PL midfielders with the most goals and assists since August 2018 behind De Bruyne, Fernandes and Silva and 2nd in the list for most chances created behind De Bruyne.

It is easy to miss the stuff he does because it is so clever and so subtle a lot of the time but he is an excellent player for us.

Got bored so watched the highlights from this game again today. I still can't quite believe some of the nonsense about Maddison spouted in the match thread. Some of the things he did today were awesome. The ball into Vardy for his offside goal, some cracking passes through the eye of a needle to Albrighton the movement and finish for his goal, his tracking back and countless other brilliant touches to get play moving, especially with Barnes... he was excellent.

Just to add, for those that rely on stats only, he is 4th on the list of PL midfielders with the most goals and assists since August 2018 behind De Bruyne, Fernandes and Silva and 2nd in the list for most chances created behind De Bruyne.

It is easy to miss the stuff he does because it is so clever and so subtle a lot of the time but he is an excellent player for us.
Interesting stats.

I found it interesting (annoying) that the sky commentor were saying how far down the pecking order he is for England. Not sure why. He should be in the squad.

Interesting stats.

I found it interesting (annoying) that the sky commentor were saying how far down the pecking order he is for England. Not sure why. He should be in the squad.
because Southgate has shown he's not a fan

Southgate devised a system to work around the fact that there were no decent number 10s. We muddled our way to a semi final, while some great players emerge and all of a sudden he's wedded to it - playing Captain Brylcream on the wing and leaving Maddison at home

Southgate is a useless muppet

I don't think that's true. I was a fan of the muppets and I never saw Gareth Southgate. Or maybe that's the point... hmmm, you've got me thinking now...

I've never been particularly interested in the England football team so, for me and my short-sighted self-interest, it's a blessing that Maddison isn't picked.

I don't think that's true. I was a fan of the muppets and I never saw Gareth Southgate. Or maybe that's the point... hmmm, you've got me thinking now...

I've never been particularly interested in the England football team so, for me and my short-sighted self-interest, it's a blessing that Maddison isn't picked.
The only problem with that last sentence is that I am certain Maddison is bothered, and this will, in some instances drive a player to a ‘bigger’ club such as Man U...

The only problem with that last sentence is that I am certain Maddison is bothered, and this will, in some instances drive a player to a ‘bigger’ club such as Man U...
Problem is nowadays if you support a premier league team then international football has gone the same way as the league and F.A Cup it has become less of a priority, how many supporters especially at the moment don't want their players playing irrelevant international games in fear of injury they want them to have some rest ahead of the next Premier league match.
It doesn't help that the England team is boring with the same faces picked even when they are not playing for their club sides, Southgate is also about as exciting as a wet fart under the duvet.

I get that the players want to play as they think it's a step up and if they aren't in the England squad they might want to move clubs, I'm sure Maddison would have a whole bunch of caps if he played for Man U but that is more to do with the ineptitude of Southgate than playing for Leicester.
When we are playing Champions league football next season(fingers crossed) and we are the media darlings again just watch that Sheep Southgate call up some Leicester players.

We all no that England will scrape through the qualifiers and then lose to the 1st proper team we play it has been like this for over 50 years and it won't change anytime soon. Despite FIFA and UEFA doing their best to fix competitions so the sponsors have the big teams at the competitions England still manage to **** it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757