Post Match Newcastle 2 Leicester 0 - EFL Cup QF

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s been here since 2019. He has had hundreds of millions to spend. I don’t expect too 4, but building on a team that actually won the league, is top half unreasonable as an expectation for the club?

He’s been here since 2019. He has had hundreds of millions to spend. I don’t expect too 4, but building on a team that actually won the league, is top half unreasonable as an expectation for the club?
Yes.

The title winning team had been broken up well before Rodgers arrival and quality players replaced with 'promise'.

As to the 'hundreds of millions of expenditure', it usually comes in the form of buying two or three players from the sale of a proven quality player. You can only get away with this a few times before it catches up.

Yes.

The title winning team had been broken up well before Rodgers arrival and quality players replaced with 'promise'.

As to the 'hundreds of millions of expenditure', it usually comes in the form of buying two or three players from the sale of a proven quality player. You can only get away with this a few times before it catches up.
Perhaps so. But it is fair to expect one of the highest paid managers in the league to handle himself with more grace and decorum. Publicly digging out the club, the players and at times even the fans, is unacceptable for a man in his position.

Perhaps so. But it is fair to expect one of the highest paid managers in the league to handle himself with more grace and decorum. Publicly digging out the club, the players and at times even the fans, is unacceptable for a man in his position.
The fans, I agree; the club, I think that depends upon how the job was sold to Rodgers.

It is clear that he expected to be coming to a club that wished to join the top table and that the requisite funds would be available. If this was mere presumption, then I agree that BR is guilty again. However, we have seen the assumption that major expenditure would be made firstly in the summer, and then in this window was not gainsaid by the club. We cannot know for certain where the truth lies but, I think that we may infer...

Transfers aside I've seen good players regress so badly that the manager has to take responsibility.

I also can't remember the last time we didn't have a full blown injury crisis under this manager.

We also look completely unorganised.

He's failing at most aspects of his job for me, never mind the fact I can't stand this style of football.

He also plays how he wants to play, not to the strength of his players.

Rodgers Out!!

The fans, I agree; the club, I think that depends upon how the job was sold to Rodgers.

It is clear that he expected to be coming to a club that wished to join the top table and that the requisite funds would be available. If this was mere presumption, then I agree that BR is guilty again. However, we have seen the assumption that major expenditure would be made firstly in the summer, and then in this window was not gainsaid by the club. We cannot know for certain where the truth lies but, I think that we may infer...
If all you say is true, which is up for debate, It still doesn’t justify the unprofessionalism in my opinion.

Transfers aside I've seen good players regress so badly that the manager has to take responsibility.

I also can't remember the last time we didn't have a full blown injury crisis under this manager.

We also look completely unorganised.

He's failing at most aspects of his job for me, never mind the fact I can't stand this style of football.

He also plays how he wants to play, not to the strength of his players.

Rodgers Out!!
And to top it all off, I’ve never seen us look so unfit

Fair enough, but if he doesn’t like it then leave. Don’t continue to air your grievances in public, you’re an ‘employee’ of LCFC for fks sake.

Problem is he won’t unless he’s fired. The guy checked out months ago, and clearly we haven’t got the funds to pay him off. This feels like a race to the bottom at the moment. I fear for how this is going to end up.

If Top ‘can’ fire him, and simply believes things will turn, he has no self respect based on what Rodgers has said about the club’s inability to support him, and borders on gross negligence.

And to top it all off, I’ve never seen us look so unfit
Yes, forgot about that minor detail.

Shocking how we look leggy after 15 minutes

As we draw this post match discussion to a close, never forget that for a period of time he had Harvey Barnes playing at left wing back

nuff said
To be fair, it’s not as if sacrificing him as a winger had any effect whatsoever on our attacking options

If Mendy is the only midfield player who can pass the ball successfully and correctly, why wasn't he on from the start instead of Ndidi who can do neither of those?

And why don't we play 3-5-2 when we look more comfortable and seem to score more goals like that?

The morale of the team is shot - that would make them knackered after 30 mins. There doesn't seem to be any willing or desire to push on from the players. Bad form only makes this worse.

The Manager should be addressing the state of the players but they seem fed up with him too.

If Mendy is the only midfield player who can pass the ball successfully and correctly, why wasn't he on from the start instead of Ndidi who can do neither of those?

And why don't we play 3-5-2 when we look more comfortable and seem to score more goals like that?

Or even give Mendy more than 10 minutes or whatever it was.

The morale of the team is shot - that would make them knackered after 30 mins. There doesn't seem to be any willing or desire to push on from the players. Bad form only makes this worse.

The Manager should be addressing the state of the players but they seem fed up with him too.

He's too busy using the technique of telling them via the media that they're a load of shit. I do wonder what he says to them in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757