Pre Match Newcastle v Leicester - EFL Cup QF

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re going to get torn a new one.

Newcastle will be going flat out to win some silverware this season. I expect we will be considerably less enthusiastic if today's showing is anything to go by.

They’re dead to me as a club. Won’t be watching.

Great chance this year in this competition. They're miles better than we are though now and don't fancy our chances, especially with it being away. Home tie and we might have had some hope...

Newcastle will be going flat out to win some silverware this season. I expect we will be considerably less enthusiastic if today's showing is anything to go by.
I think it’s got sod all to do with our enthusiasm. Even if they didn’t give a shit and it was the biggest game of our season, the plain truth is that they have players in much better form (and arguably are just better players than ours), better tactics, and are managed much better than us.

Great chance this year in this competition. They're miles better than we are though now and don't fancy our chances, especially with it being away. Home tie and we might have had some hope...
Did you see the recent game at the KP?

An on-form, well organised team with a solid defence and a decent enough attack against... Us.

We've got no chance in this sadly.

The only significant difference between the two clubs is momentum.

I wouldn't swap our squad for theirs or our manager. I think objectively we've got a stronger squad whereas they have form individuals.

The problem with us is that we've squeezed all the juice out of the whole Rodgers thing with this group of players. It all looks tired and predictable and there is a negativity bubbling away under the surface. Newcastle are just full of excitement and freshness with fans, players and management all together.

So I'll always think we could and should beat Newcastle. However, the momentum is firmly with them so that will probably decide things.

Looks like they’re about to be dumped out of the FA Cup.

The only significant difference between the two clubs is momentum.

I wouldn't swap our squad for theirs or our manager. I think objectively we've got a stronger squad whereas they have form individuals.

The problem with us is that we've squeezed all the juice out of the whole Rodgers thing with this group of players. It all looks tired and predictable and there is a negativity bubbling away under the surface. Newcastle are just full of excitement and freshness with fans, players and management all together.

So I'll always think we could and should beat Newcastle. However, the momentum is firmly with them so that will probably decide things.
Totally agree with the squads. On paper, I wouldn't swap many of the individuals in these sides. I do thing Howe has done a terrific job with what he has though. Time will tell if he can maintain this but he's done a very admirable job so far. Is it any better than Rodgers' first two or three years with us though?

I’d swap Rodgers with Howe in a heartbeat.

But then again I’d also swap him for Paul Ince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263