Pre Match Newcastle v Leicester - EFL Cup QF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully their bubble has burst! It happens. Study in detail our match against them and their defeat to Sheffield. That should give a few clues as to how to beat them and how not.
So come on Brendan show us your magic.

They will be going all out to win this one now

I don't know. That Howe appointment could easily have gone south very quickly. As it is, he's made it work.

Are we forgetting his terrible but short stint at Burnley?
That was 12 years ago.

At that time Brendan was managing Swansea, and I can't recall anyone referring to his managerial capabilities there in reference to his performance with us.

Nacho and Albrighton must start. Also think I'd go with Iversen over Ward tbh...

My guess is he'll go with:

Ward
Castagne Amartey Faes Thomas
Tielemans Ndidi Braybrooke
Perez Daka Barnes

Subs: Iversen, Soyuncu, Vestergaard, Brunt, Mendy, Vardy, Iheanacho, McAteer, Albrighton

Well they did get beat by Sheffield Wednesday, though it's fair to say they played a weaker side in that game and bought on their better players to try and rescue it a bit too late. Also dropped points at Leeds. We're missing some important players in midfield though in Dewsbury Hall and Maddison on top of all the other absentees like Ricardo and Justin who would normally have been in the eleven. Honestly I think Vardy has got to start this game. Frustrating the home support early on is going to be vital if we've got a chance here...

My guess is he'll go with:

Ward
Castagne Amartey Faes Thomas
Tielemans Ndidi Braybrooke
Perez Daka Barnes

Subs: Iversen, Soyuncu, Vestergaard, Brunt, Mendy, Vardy, Iheanacho, McAteer, Albrighton
Baybrooke? From nowhere and not even getting on Saturday?

More likely he’d lump Mendy in to that midfield three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366