Pre Match Newcastle v Leicester - League Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

What do we reckon here then? Full rotation? I hope we take this seriously.

Ward

Ricardo
Soyuncu
Morgan
Justin

Mendy
Praet
Tielemans

Barnes
Perez
Albrighton

Plenty of quality and experience. Realistically I’ll be surprised if we play Youri and Ricardo.

Ward

Justin Evans Benkovic Fuchs

Mendy
Praet Maddison

Perez Iheanacho Barnes
Jakupovic, Wes, Ricardo, Gray, Albrighton, Muskwe/Reghba, Tielemans

Bruce has said he's going to play a full strength team. Assuming he's still manager.
So he's confirmed he will be playing his shite first team, as opposed to his slightly more shite second team.

So he's confirmed he will be playing his shite first team, as opposed to his slightly more shite second team.
Some comments have a habit of coming back and biting you in the arse.
I hope this isn’t one of them!

Some comments have a habit of coming back and biting you in the arse.
I hope this isn’t one of them!
It might but lets be honest, that team under Steve Bruce should be beaten.

Schmeichel or Ward
Ricardo or Justin
Evans or Morgan
Soyuncu or Benkovic
Fuchs or Chilwell
Choudhury or Ndidi
Praet or Mendy
Tielemans or Albrighton
Maddison or Barnes
Perez or Gray
Vardy or Iheanacho

Any combination of those players should be enough. I'd make three changes from today, Justin, Morgan and Barnes should start.

As long as we don't see any of the exiles or under-performing U23s involved, we'll be fine.

I’d go with:

Schmeichel
Justin
Soyuncu
Evans
Fuchs
Albrighton
Choudhury
Praet
Maddison
Barnes
Iheanacho

I think we will see Iheanacho starting and I also think Gray will get a look in somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chilwell make his return but Fuchs would be extraordinarily unlucky to lose his place.

I'd imagine Madison will be on the bench, used only if needed. More game time for Praet. Vardy rested (on the bench) for Nacho. Gray to start. Justin, yes, can see that. Mendy to start? Fuchs or Chilwell will be an interesting one, and difficult to read anything into either way; Fuchs has been playing well.And Benkovic? He presumably has to step up sometime. On the bench perhaps??

It's one thing to take a competition seriously but you also have to have an eye to keeping your squad involved, motivated and match fit. Whatever the balance will be, I think we ought be able to perm a decent side out of who we have available. It'd certainly surprise me if Rodgers selected his strongest side, and so I'd anticipate complaints of 'not taking it seriously' should we lose. The manager's art is to get the balance right, selecting a side capable of winning.

I imagine around 4-5 changes.

Ward
Justin, Morgan, Soyuncu, Fuchs
Tielemans, Hamza, Praet
Perez, Nacho, Barnes

Although since Nacho wasn't even in the 16 yesterday who knows.

Perez Chilwell and Tielemans still need to find their best form so I expect they will start, Praet too, and probably best to let Soyuncu keep his rhythm. The others are subject to change imo.

Ward

Justin
Morgan
Soyuncu
Chilwell

Ndidi
Praet

Barnes
Perez
Gray

Iheanacho

no rotation please it is the international break soon let's keep the accelerator firmly down.
It's not just about saving legs though; it's about opportunity. There should be chances for the likes of Justin and Iheanacho, especially given how the latter performed in pre-season matches and what Rodgers has said about his hard work and attitude so far.

Ward
Justin Morgan Benkovic Chilwell
Praet Choudhury
Gray Perez Barnes
Iheanacho

That'll do for me, and for Newcastle I'd imagine.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757