Pre Match Newcastle Vs Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzo

Evans looked much better on the left of the CBs so ask Maguire if he's comfortable on the other side, he is our best CB so he gets first choice but if he is then flip him and Evans over, no Gray obviously so I'd go with Albrighton as with Maddison playing from the left we need a winger that will hug the touch line on the other side, also he would provide better cover for Ricardo.

Kasper

Ricardo Maguire Evans Chilwell

Mendy NDidi

Albrighton Nacho Maddison

Vardy​

I think he’ll go with:

Schmeichel

Amartey
Maguire
Morgan
Chilwell

Ndidi
Mendy

Ricardo
Maddison
Albrighton

Vardy

I suggested that he make one change from the starting line-up for the Huddersfield game, Iborra for Ghezzal.

Apparently there wasn't much possibility.

I suggested that he make one change from the starting line-up for the Huddersfield game, Iborra for Ghezzal.

Apparently there wasn't much possibility.

Did you give him a list of potential signings while you were at it?

BN... or Superscout in disguise?

you fancy a diamond midfield then BN?

Not really.

I would like Mendy and Ndidi to sit deeper and protect all the defence better so adding a third midfielder would be beneficial. We also need a better passer in there and Iborra would help link the midfield and forward line more.

So, I'd like to see a flexible 4-2-1-1-2.

Evans did look a lot better and more comftable in the week but I really don't buy into this 'he can only play as the left CB' shit - he a top level professional so surely must be able to make a small adaption to his game like that and it's hardly like asking a left back to play right back, which still shouldn't be out of the question for a top level footballer.

Anyway, I'd leave him out for Saturday and go for:

Kasper

Amartey
Morgan
Maguire
Chillwell

Ndidi
Iborra

Albrighton
Maddison
Ghezzal

Vardinino

Evans did look a lot better and more comftable in the week but I really don't buy into this 'he can only play as the left CB' shit - he a top level professional so surely must be able to make a small adaption to his game like that and it's hardly like asking a left back to play right back, which still shouldn't be out of the question for a top level footballer.

Anyway, I'd leave him out for Saturday and go for:

Kasper

Amartey
Morgan
Maguire
Chillwell

Ndidi
Iborra

Albrighton
Maddison
Ghezzal

Vardinino
You’de drop Mendy for Iborra?

John Terry was a much better player than Evans and he struggled badly when switched to the right of a CB pair

Let's not ger carried away here. Iborra had a decent game against a pretty shit Wolves side. Let's not wipe away the memories of some of the utter shit he's served up in previous games. When he's good, he's really good but when he is bad it's painful to watch. He is frustratingly inconsistent. Dropping Mendy or Ndidi for Iborra would be terribly unfair.

Adding him as a third midfielder as BN suggests may work however and it will offer our back four more protection whilst allowing him the freedom to pass the ball around and be a little creative. I'd go with that. I think we all know there's no point in trying to guess Puel's team selection anyway; it really could be any combination of players in any ****ing shape.

it really could be any combination of players in any ****ing shape.
No no, you must be mistaken. The combination of players will be shoehorned into 4-2-3-1 no matter what...

I’m surprised people think Ihenacho should be dropped. I thought he and Vardy linked up very well against Huddersfield. Ricardo should NOT play at right-back.

Schmeichel

Amartey Evans Maguire Chilwell

Mendy Iborra Ndidi

Maddison

Ihenacho Vardy

But I think it will be the same 11 as last week

I’m surprised people think Ihenacho should be dropped. I thought he and Vardy linked up very well against Huddersfield. Ricardo should NOT play at right-back.

Schmeichel

Amartey Evans Maguire Chilwell

Mendy Iborra Ndidi

Maddison

Ihenacho Vardy

But I think it will be the same 11 as last week
If you’re playing that formation you need attacking full backs, that means Ricardo not Amartey

If you’re playing that formation you need attacking full backs, that means Ricardo not Amartey
Ricardo is a liability as right-back. I don’t want him playing there in any formation.

id like to see Iborra fitted in somewhere, Vardy can get at thier defence if Maddison can get on the ball , im confident we can beat these 0-2 Vardy Iheanacho

Ricardo is a liability as right-back. I don’t want him playing there in any formation.

Of course he shouldn't be there, especially so if Ghezzal is played in front of him

It's suicide, even against a truly hopeless Newcastke

Agree. Ricardo with Ghezzel ahead of him will never ever ever be strong enough.

Ricardo and Albrighton could work, in theory.

When we play at home we can possibly get away with Ricardo at right back.

You’de drop Mendy for Iborra?

Yep, not that he has been poor but I don't feel we need to play with 2 defensive, ball winning midfields against Newcastle and no way would I drop Ndidi.

Newcastle like to play with width with Ritchie and Kennedy so packing the centre mid won't help and Yedlin loves to get forward from full back too so Albrighton could be a real asset in tracking him.

Mendy will probs start in place of Iborra in the team I put forward but I feel Iborra offers us more going forward and we should be able to afford to offer that against the likes of Newcastle.

I am watching Celebrity Masterchef and Greg has just asked Martin Bayfield " When you are in front of 80,000 fans, what do you concentrate on?" His answer was " The first 10 minutes, you have to start well". Let's hope that Claude is watching the same programme that I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263