Pre Match Newcastle Vs Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go 3412 vs these as we need to play solid and try and ensure the win to keep pace.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Soyuncu
Justin Ndidi Tielemans Castagne
Maddison
Vardy Barnes

Arguably we could play 4231 with either Evans or Soyuncu dropping down replaced by Perez or Albrighton

Schmeichel
Justin Fofana Evans Castagne
Ndidi Tielemans
Albrighton Maddison Barnes
Vardy

Subs: Ricardo Soyuncu Mendy Perez Praet Under Amartey Ward Thomas

This squad, even with nine subs, means that players like Morgan, Fuchs, Choudhury Iheanacho might not feature in the match day squad of 20 when we are at full strength. Morgan and Fuchs are great to have around as has been proven this season when we have injuries. This shows that for next season we will need new signings or emerging youth to step up at CB, DM and striker to ensure a big enough squad with the right blend of youth and experience.

I'd say Dewsbury-Hall, Tavares, Leshabela and Sowah are the emerging talents all in attacking midfield or wide positions, so we are going to need to go into the transfer market in summer when about 4 or 5 will have moved on: Gray, Slimani, Benzoic, James - potentially Morgan, Fuchs and Choudhury
I’m not sure I understand why we’re suddenly playing a formation that I’m confident we’ve never played under Rodgers.

Everyone was rested for a reason. We should come flying out of the blocks in the 4-3-3 that has served us well

Kasper
James J Wesleyinho Johnny Tim
Youri Wilf James M
Ghenghis Jamie Harvey​

Has anyone heard how Caglar and Ricardo are doing?

If we start with a back 3 then it needs to be the system with Justin and Albrighton in it so we can adapt as the game changes, so we can double up attacking down the wings if needed.

Personally I'd go for a back 4 though to get a better attacker than Albrighton in.

Kasper
Justin, Little Wes, Evans, Castagne
Ndidi, Tielemans
Perez, Maddison, Barnes
Vardy

Under to come on as impact sub when Perez gets tired

Do you think it’s necessary to have three centre backs against the worst attacking side in the league?
It depends on any number of things. Formations tell me nothing at all about style of play or approach to the game and it’s weird that so many others here make massive assumptions based on personnel and meaningless nonsense like 3-4-2-1 and 4-1-2-2-1.

Why are they the worst attacking side in the league? Are they just shit or is it because other teams have learned to play a certain way against them because they know they struggle with it? What if we have tired or injured players and these absences force the manager to name three starting central defenders?

Do you think it’s necessary to have three centre backs against the worst attacking side in the league?
Do you think it necessary to have four at the back against the worst attacking side in the league?

Why are they the worst attacking side in the league? Are they just shit or is it because other teams have learned to play a certain way against them because they know they struggle with it? What if we have tired or injured players and these absences force the manager to name three starting central defenders?
I'd be worried about them getting one from a set piece but other than that they seem to have a complete inability to get the ball forward if the opposing team has a fraction of defensive organisation.

I'd be worried about them getting one from a set piece but other than that they seem to have a complete inability to get the ball forward if the opposing team has a fraction of defensive organisation.
So did Fulham in their previous games.

Do you think it necessary to have four at the back against the worst attacking side in the league?
More necessary than five at the back

More necessary than five at the back
Oh, so your interpretation is that the wingbacks are defenders? Yet in a 3-5-2, when you dominate possession, you effectively have 3 defenders and two additional overlapping wide players (the wing backs).

The system can be whatever you want it to be. If we are under the cosh it can be 5 defenders or altenatively, if we are dominant we only have 3 defenders. A 5 can also become a 4 if you have the right personnel, which we do have.

Kasper

Justin
Evans
Fofana
Castagne

Ndidi
Tielemans

Albrighton
Maddison
Barnes

Vardy

picks itself, really, assuming fitness.

Could see Soyuncu starting in place of Fofana.

Kasper

Justin
Evans
Fofana
Castagne

Ndidi
Tielemans

Albrighton
Maddison
Barnes

Vardy

picks itself, really, assuming fitness.

Could see Soyuncu starting in place of Fofana.
Agree with the starting team. I think Soyuncu has got his work cut out getting back in the team now.

I like 3-4-1-2 with the available players.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Soyuncu
Justin Ndidi Tielemans Castagne
Maddison
Vardy Barnes

That gives us four players with aerial presence, two mobile wing backs, Maddison central and Barnes doing the forward running.

...That gives us four players with aerial presence...

Which is what will be needed when they bring Andy Carroll on with ten minutes remaining and Leicester holding on to a 1-0 advantage and looking like they've never played together before.

So how about we go with:

Kasper

Evans

Ndidi
Fofana

Justin
Tielemans
Castagne

Albrighton
Maddison
Vardy
Barnes

Oh, so your interpretation is that the wingbacks are defenders? Yet in a 3-5-2, when you dominate possession, you effectively have 3 defenders and two additional overlapping wide players (the wing backs).

The system can be whatever you want it to be. If we are under the cosh it can be 5 defenders or altenatively, if we are dominant we only have 3 defenders. A 5 can also become a 4 if you have the right personnel, which we do have.
He suggested Justin and Castagne. Hardly midfielders are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757