Post Match Newport County 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was served beans in a tiny saucepan with a fry up yesterday morning..... This country, it’s gone to the ****ing dogs. Can’t get a decent savoury 99 for love nor money.

It's an absolute ****ing joke. I voted remain mainly because of where we are as a country. Eating meat off roof slates and chips out of half pint glasses
****ing shambles we are, shouldn't be allowed to rule ourselves.

yes because he replaced someone in central midfield when has Ricardo ever played in central midfield? considering you are bitching about playing someone out of position you are very quick to contradict yourself

Sigh. Look I’m not going to debate every fine detail.

Clearly I’m not advocating for Ricardo in central midfield. Suspect you know that.

As for being against everything Puel does, it’s simply not true. In my mind he has earned the rest of the season. When he does something right I’ll acknowledge it. I just don’t appreciate the football on display and some of the tactical decisions made.

Gutted we’re a club who now does this in cups even when in mid table comfort. Yes, those players could have won. But what’s the point not trying just that little bit harder?

Growing up a cup win was beyond my wildest dreams, but those League Cup wins made that period of the club’s history so special. That team is remembered far more than the Derby side who also did reasonably well in mid table of the PL at that time, and far more than any other teams who had relative success in “staying up” for a few years.

I started supporting City in 83. We’ve not been in an FA Cup semi-final since. Shocking.

(And yes we shouldn’t be in the position of over-relying on Vardy. But we are, so he should have played. And I don’t believe for one second we won’t sign anyone this January. And Albrighton is forgiven because he’s great. And Choudhury was excellent.)

Gutted we’re a club who now does this in cups even when in mid table comfort. Yes, those players could have won. But what’s the point not trying just that little bit harder?

Growing up a cup win was beyond my wildest dreams, but those League Cup wins made that period of the club’s history so special. That team is remembered far more than the Derby side who also did reasonably well in mid table of the PL at that time, and far more than any other teams who had relative success in “staying up” for a few years.

I started supporting City in 83. We’ve not been in an FA Cup semi-final since. Shocking.

(And yes we shouldn’t be in the position of over-relying on Vardy. But we are, so he should have played. And I don’t believe for one second we won’t sign anyone this January. And Albrighton is forgiven because he’s great. And Choudhury was excellent.)
I don't think we will sign anyone. We are safe and we have no guarantee that this manager will be anywhere near the club come May time. I'm not sure it would be a financially sound decision to bring in anyone, even if it isn't Puel that chooses them.

It seemed sensible to me. Newport were playing very deep, and weren't threatening at all.

Simpson wasn't doing anything. No threat going forward, and nothing to do defensively.

Albrighton continued to play more as a winger, and Ghezzal moved into the middle, where he was more effective.
The change helped us get back into the game. The penalty was just a moment of madness.
Do you not think Ricardo would have added value even though Ghezzal scored I would have subbed him for Ricardo at the time.

Do you not think Ricardo would have added value even though Ghezzal scored I would have subbed him for Ricardo at the time.

Newport had no attacking intent, so we didn't need four defenders, we needed more of a goal threat.

Simpson was the obvious player to take off, but Ricardo could have come on instead of Gray, and would probably have been a better option, on recent form.

Thought Gazelle looked much better in midfield than on the wing. Maybe he can be the creative midfielder we need?

I was one of the few that wanted a full strength team out there, mostly because our back up players are so incredibly shite. I’m not saying we would have definitely won, but at least we wouldn’t have been left wondering what might have been.

Puel has to be blamed for that shitfest. He names a striker who’s clearly bereft of confidence, and a player playing behind who hasn’t scored for a year...and to top it all off leaves Vardy sitting on his arse at home. He then also plays James who was clearly not ready for the game, and has barely even played any U23 football.

The substitutions were an absolute abomination, concluding with the most baffling one at the end. We’re 2-1 down at Newport, about to be a national embarrassment. Hmm who shall I bring on I wonder? My most in form attacking player, or Andy King who hasn’t played a minute of first team football all season (not even in the Carabao Cup) seeing as I have completely ostracised him as a player. Tough call.

He has disrespected the competition, disrespected Newport, and disrespected myself and all the other fans who wasted their money travelling down to watch that absolute piece of shite.

**** off Claude.

We are the worst kind of offenders in the cups.

We are the main culprits when it comes to devaluing cup competitions.

Mid table nobody's with **** all to play for yet still have the audacity to play complete duffers dnd reduced teams in any stage of the competition.

****ing criminal

Leicester manager Claude Puel defended his team selection, after making seven changes. “I think we have had a good team with eight who had played winning the title with Leicester, and a lot of experienced players and quality on the pitch,” he said.

So...

Morgan
Fuchs
Simpson
Albrighton
Okazaki
Gray
King

Who’s the 8th Claude? Surely not James.

The quote I read didn't mention winning the title with us. From the Mockery: "We have had a good team, with eight players who won the title, a lot of experienced players and quality on the pitch"

So the 8th would be Evans.
I would trust the Telegraph more than the Mockery to be honest.

Well, to be ****ing honest as soon as I saw Okazaki and Nacho up front I knew we would struggle to score goals via our strikers.

We needed a team to be immediately in their faces, showing the gulf in divisions.

What do we do, we hand the initiative to them by setting up defensively. As soon as you do that you invite the underdog to give it a go rather than take the wind out ofctheir sails immediately.

The crowd them get behind them and the gulf is levelled. How many times does this have to be repeated until someone takes it on board at Leicester.

Spurs set up exactly right yesterday and destroyed the opposition, we invited Newport to give it a go.

Not ****ing rocket science is it?

Yeah, but we are transitioning to a great new style of play, cos our old one was such complete shite and got us nowhere

Have patience, King Claude is taking us to the promised land

why? it got an extra attacker on the pitch and someone at right back that could bomb forward as we needed in the context of the game, yeah we could have made a like for like change positionally but we took a gamble which by the way worked, until Albrighton handled the ball.

And by the way he's played at right back for us before last season and done well so its not a totally new thing either

Indeed. He's played the attacking right back/wing back role before, and has done it well. A perfectly valid decision, it seemed to me.

Indeed. He's played the attacking right back/wing back role before, and has done it well. A perfectly valid decision, it seemed to me.
He shook his head disapprovingly at the change.

Entirely what we deserved for leaving our best players at home. They must have been ecstatic when they saw the team sheet.

Only two out of six of the Premier League sides that made the fewest changes won. We're one of the four that went out. The teams that made most changes all went through.

Changes made is a nonsense excuse. It's about mentality and effort.

Only two out of six of the Premier League sides that made the fewest changes won. We're one of the four that went out. The teams that made most changes all went through.

Changes made is a nonsense excuse. It's about mentality and effort.

So, just taking up front do you think that we still would have lost if we had started with Maddison and Vardy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757