Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the owners will try for Chris Powell, but I can't see him leaving Charlton.

if sky news is right and MON comes back he will get what villa would not give him .....MONEY to spend on players

having spent 10+ million already, we need him to get results and then spend on what is required in Jan.!

if sky news is right and MON comes back he will get what villa would not give him .....MONEY to spend on players
Martin O'Neill was given money but what he wanted was the kind of money required to buy the required sort of players to break into the top 4.

Have I told you yet that I used to play in the same football team as Martin

That is one of the most ill-informed post on these forums, and that's saying something. MON was given plenty of cash and spent big on several players. The problem was that he spent £4m-£6m on a large number of players who were absolutely woeful for Villa (Beye, Shorey, Sidwell, etc.)

Just a look at these tables shows the extent of Villa's spendind, the majority of which was under MON:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html

Have Sky news said he's coming?

Or have they just said he's favourite?

If he's favourite with the bookies that could just be because of the number of fans putting money on it, and nothing to do with the likelihood that he'll actually become manager.

FFS Jeff, why did you have to explain that to Nwets? I wanted him to get all excited, then we appoint someone else.

Nwets can **** off to Villa, we don't need his type of support at the club.

It will be a small betting pool so any bets - no matter how small, will directly influence it

Plus it's all complete bollocks at the moment and all based on hearsay. The fun part for the bookies is that they can link absolutely anyone to the job, given that the last incumbent was Sven and we have money to burn.

Plus it's all complete bollocks at the moment and all based on hearsay. The fun part for the bookies is that they can link absolutely anyone to the job, given that the last incumbent was Sven and we have money to burn.
We had all of this bollocks a few weeks ago, surprisingly ( or not ) MON was bookies fave as well

That is one of the most ill-informed post on these forums, and that's saying something. MON was given plenty of cash and spent big on several players. The problem was that he spent £4m-£6m on a large number of players who were absolutely woeful for Villa (Beye, Shorey, Sidwell, etc.)

Just a look at these tables shows the extent of Villa's spendind, the majority of which was under MON:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html

He left due to the sale of millner to man city (which MON did not agree with ) and the fact the club has sod all money to throw around for players that MON wanted to get villa into the top 4 of the prem

We where at boddy moor the day he left and villa has gone down hill from there on

but i didnt want to get into that this is a CITY forum and city ae still my home town team we just get free tickets to watch prem footy ;)

Last edited:
how many former Leicester players are currently managing?

Roberto Mancini
Paul Dickov
Simon Grayson

?
Chris Powell

Billy Davies, Steve Coppell, Jean Tigana or Dave Jones. If they insist on a big name then get Frank Rijkaard. :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757