Next permanent manager

Joe_Fox

Ok, who's your pick?

Robins maybe if Cov lose the play-off final?
Could we tempt Carrick?

I just hope we don't get some old duffer.

The trouble I have is that we aren't an attractive proposition at the moment. Who wants to board a ship full of rats and scurvy?

Mark Robins is who I would like.

William Still would be an interesting choice that I wouldn’t be unhappy with

Any manager coming in will have some fairly substantial challenges but surely this in itself makes the job attractive.

I still think we are quite a pull in terms of managers wanting to come here.

Tbh, I want someone I've not heard of.

I don't keep up with what's happening outside the Prem these days, so I don't really know who's out there.

But I want us to find a hungry, up and coming manager that sees this as a huge opportunity to come and build something.

The only paper talk I've seen so far was saying we've got eyes on the Swansea manager if we go down.

Firstly, it depends what we have to do as a club. Will it be a mix of current players and loans or a total rebuild based on youth? Those two approaches require completely different types of manager.

If we're going all out to come straight back and carry huge debt, we need an experiened manager who has got promotions from the Championship.

If we're starting again with young players, we need a young 'coming up' style coach.

Personally, I hope we start again and do a full clearout. I want a manager that is hungry and ambitious. We will be very attractive to the right sort of young manager and we can exploit that.

However, as I've said elsewhere, unless there are changes at board level, it doesn't matter because this bunch of clowns haven't the first clue how to deal with the situation we face. To be honest, I think we're in for a massive shock in the Championship because every team fights. We could easily mess it up and crash down with another relegation.

I also read that Robins has just signed a new 4 year contract. Like all newcomers to the Prem, I reckon they'd struggle but it's nice to see him rewarded and maybe given the chance.

A couple of managers being talked about
Blackburn's Jon Dahl Tomasson
Swansea's Russell Martin

Tomasson appears to have done a fairly decent job at Blackbum. What's the beef with the Swansea guy? Not sure if I've missed anything but he doesn't seem to have achieved anything. He is said to favour possession based football which makes me very excited at the prospect....

Tomasson appears to have done a fairly decent job at Blackbum. What's the beef with the Swansea guy? Not sure if I've missed anything but he doesn't seem to have achieved anything. He is said to favour possession based football which makes me very excited at the prospect....
Yes, we all like to hold our balls.

He’s the next Brendan Rodgers apparently.

Don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t want the next ****ing Brendan Rodgers.

He’s the next Brendan Rodgers apparently.

Don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t want the next ****ing Brendan Rodgers.

That's him nailed on for the job I reckon. Let's just pass the ball sideways as we return to league one.

If they get Russell Martin I'm not even checking our scores next season.

As long as we don't pull anyone out from The British Managers Lunch Club, of which I hear Brendan is the latest member, with Dean Smith's application pending.

Unless it's Carrick I don't want anyone Britlish. I mentioned Still a few months ago as a hail mary sort of punt & would be happy if that was a possibility.

But essentially the problem is hardly anyone we'd want would be either interested or available. Going left field is probably going to be the only option. Otherwise it'll be some tired old time served ****ing loser. We need a complete reboot. We're rotten to the core.

Oh. One thing.

King Power Racing had a winner at the Dante meeting at York yesterday.

The horse's name ?

Bielsa

Be afraid.

You mean the newly named Uruguay coach? Not sure there is much to be afraid of here.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463