Next three games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Ok, to play devil's advocate a bit here, the next three games are Forest and Palace at home and Bournemouth away. Let's say we don't sack Rodgers and go on to win them all. That takes Rodgers to ten games, and we'll have ten points. If, and yes I know, it's a sizable if, but if that happens, do we say ok, we've turned the corner, weathered the shit storm, and we just get on with it, or do we still sack Rodgers?

Out of the seven games thus far, four have been against the big six, the others being against two teams punching above their weight. The one result that is absolutely unacceptable being the Southampton game.

So, would 10 points from 10 games be acceptable right now?

10 points would be nice, sure. The problems that Rodgers has allowed to fester and grow won’t vanish though.

We won’t magically be able to defend corners, he won’t suddenly change his petulant attitude, we won’t stop being utterly shambolic without the ball and he won’t finally pull his head out of his arse and start using the full squad.

It stinks. We shouldn’t be happy to write off games against the scab clubs. We’ve never been about that. Otherwise what’s the point?

The squad is actually quite good and certainly better than most other Premier league teams, the biggest problem we have is Rodgers.
The complete refusal to make subs early in a game is stubborn and then when he makes changes they are bizarre.
Daka was playing well against Spurs but KDH needed to be pulled at half time the obvious option in my opinion would of been to take off KDH and bring Albrighton on the right and put Maddison in the middle behind Daka, Conte made changes to nullify Maddison, Rodgers won't make tactical changes when things are going wrong he just plays the same way but makes like for like subs, Vardy for Daka when Daka was doing fine but Barnes was playing poor.
When he makes subs they are often to late when the game is lost.
In my opinion another manager would get so much more out of this squad.
We don't have a right winger but we have good wingbacks and 3 good CB plus we have way to many centre midfielders Praet, Maddison, Soumare, Ndidi Tilemans,Mendy... So why not play to the strength of the squad instead of playing players out of position and then refusing to make early changes when it's blindingly obvious to everyone whats going wrong in the game.

Dropping players that have played well in previous games is also bizarre, I thought Soumare was playing well yet gets dropped for Ndidi who has been average at best, what does that do for the confidence...

Thomas Frank plays with 3 at the back with wingbacks at Brentford he would be an absolute shoe in for Leicester, I bet he would do very well with our squad.

We also have a losing mentality within the club its almost inevitably we are going to concede and then collapse, against Brighton and Spurs you could sense the team despite scoring 1st and early were expecting to concede almost immediately, it's like they weren't going to settle until they were losing.
For me the rot has set in and the only way to change things is to change the Manager.

On a separate note I thought Faes looks like he could be a very good player he showed he has everything, I expect Rodgers will also mess with his head and turn him into a quivering wreck that starts making mistakes.

The squad is actually quite good and certainly better than most other Premier league teams, the biggest problem we have is Rodgers.
The complete refusal to make subs early in a game is stubborn and then when he makes changes they are bizarre.
Daka was playing well against Spurs but KDH needed to be pulled at half time the obvious option in my opinion would of been to take off KDH and bring Albrighton on the right and put Maddison in the middle behind Daka, Conte made changes to nullify Maddison, Rodgers won't make tactical changes when things are going wrong he just plays the same way but makes like for like subs, Vardy for Daka when Daka was doing fine but Barnes was playing poor.
When he makes subs they are often to late when the game is lost.
In my opinion another manager would get so much more out of this squad.
We don't have a right winger but we have good wingbacks and 3 good CB plus we have way to many centre midfielders Praet, Maddison, Soumare, Ndidi Tilemans,Mendy... So why not play to the strength of the squad instead of playing players out of position and then refusing to make early changes when it's blindingly obvious to everyone whats going wrong in the game.

Dropping players that have played well in previous games is also bizarre, I thought Soumare was playing well yet gets dropped for Ndidi who has been average at best, what does that do for the confidence...

Thomas Frank plays with 3 at the back with wingbacks at Brentford he would be an absolute shoe in for Leicester, I bet he would do very well with our squad.

We also have a losing mentality within the club its almost inevitably we are going to concede and then collapse, against Brighton and Spurs you could sense the team despite scoring 1st and early were expecting to concede almost immediately, it's like they weren't going to settle until they were losing.
For me the rot has set in and the only way to change things is to change the Manager.

On a separate note I thought Faes looks like he could be a very good player he showed he has everything, I expect Rodgers will also mess with his head and turn him into a quivering wreck that starts making mistakes.
Maybe Rodgers has lost confidence in himself. So he's stopped making good/timely decisions, has started over thinking everything and isn't being brave enough

Maybe Rodgers has lost confidence in himself. So he's stopped making good/timely decisions, has started over thinking everything and isn't being brave enough
He did the same against Brentford we were cruising at 2-0 Frank makes changes Rodgers doesn't and by the end of the game we are holding on for grim death at 2-2 if the game had gone on for another 10 minutes we would of lost, we haven't recovered since then.

I'm expecting us to lose at home v Forest and then Rodgers will be sacked.

We simply must get a minimum of 6/7 points from them. Lose them and we are ****ed

Do you trust Rodgers to do that ?
I'm not even sure that these players will get 6/7 points with a new manager.

I'm not even sure that these players will get 6/7 points with a new manager.
These players are plenty good enough for a top half finish even now.

They are all a bit Andre Previn at the moment though.

That depends how quickly the new manager comes in. We have a couple of weeks for a new man to try and straighten their heads out ahead of the Forest game. It has to be done and done soon or that time will be wasted.

That depends how quickly the new manager comes in. We have a couple of weeks for a new man to try and straighten their heads out ahead of the Forest game. It has to be done and done soon or that time will be wasted.
It wouldn’t surprise me if we did waste the next couple of weeks. We’ve just wasted two weeks, and prior to that, the whole summer.

For sure we have must win games now, we’ve put ourselves in that position. I would extend it to the next 5 games, adding Leeds and Wolves to the list. They may even throw the Villa game in.

For our squad and our expectations of getting European football, we need to get 12 points from the next 5 minimum. With a run of results, we are early enough in the season to see a shift up the table and a change in attitude.

Giving Rodgers the opportunity to achieve this is untenable in my opinion. What he’s said to the press, his poor tactical decisions, and his inability to coach fundamental issues such as set pieces and conceding immediately after scoring, have seeped in to the core of the squad and made Leicester a quivering, laughing-stock. Steve Cooper and his 50 man squad will be so excited to play us right now.

The ONLY solution, is to shake things up. Put a bit of new manager pressure on the players, some accountability for giving the ball away, a bollocking for not doing their jobs time and time again. Getting a new manager in would not only add some pressure to the players to perform, but would actually give the opposition something to think about pregame.

With previous managers who have been sacked, I have often thought the players deserved the majority of the negative press. I honestly feel like they are putting in a shift this time, but tactically and mentally are set up in the worst way. Rodgers has to go.

The rot has set in too far for him. I don't think the players have stopped performing for him, especially given Maddison's words and the performance in the first half against Spurs but there is too much confusion about who should be doing what and only a new manager with a fresh start will settle that.

The key to all of this is getting someone in who can get Ndidi, Vardy and Soyuncu playing as they once did. Get this right, and all will be well.

You might just as well ask, if Danny Ward plays like a peak Gordon Banks for the next three games and saves every shot, would he be worth sticking with?

Well yes obviously but we all know it won't happen.

Brendan Rodgers is done here. He knows it, the players know it and the fans know it. The only dipshit that doesn't is Top.

Rodgers needs to be sacked yesterday!
Give the new bloke a chance to choose a team that will hammer Forest!

Wait any longer and getting relegated costs far more than the 10 mill to the deluded one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757