Nigel Pearson, Lady Chatterly and are Leeds supporters cheering Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gwilliam

Does the broadcasting of crowd noise from empty stadium come at the behest of the clubs or the TV stadium. I find it to be dishonest and irritating. Was the noise actually from Leicester supporters? Is the same noise used in every match? Are the people making the noise really supporting Wolves or West Brom Has anybody detected traces of a Black Country accent in the crowd noise? I apologise that the next sentence is unsavoury. To take a worst case scenario - can we be sure the apparent support for Leicester doe not actually come from Leeds United fans.
At some point early in the second half a comment was heard that I missed but caused laughter in the pub. Since later on the commentator apologised for the language I would guess it involved Mr Sean Dyche and what in the 1960s was sometimes called "the Lady Chatterly word" Cab anybody tell me what was said a If managerial language is to be picked up by TV microphones then football is sorely missing Mr Nigel Pearson.

I think it came from the Burnley backline rather than the bench, but it was a clear-as-a-bell call which the commentators felt the need to apologise for shortly after "Keep ****ing pressing!"

I think then noise is actually taken from the FIFA game. Which I think is taken from real life crowd noise from real fans.

Do we really need to apologise for language in this day and age? My kids had heard/ become aware of most swearwords by the age of 8 although we never swore in front of them. They also hear it all the time in the family stand - the irony. Although expletives were shocking when I was a kid, I don't even hear them nowadays and I would say that goes for most who follow football - or am I wrong?

I think it came from the Burnley backline rather than the bench, but it was a clear-as-a-bell call which the commentators felt the need to apologise for shortly after "Keep ****ing pressing!"
My partner thought they were shouting something about pussies.

Do we really need to apologise for language in this day and age? My kids had heard/ become aware of most swearwords by the age of 8 although we never swore in front of them. They also hear it all the time in the family stand - the irony. Although expletives were shocking when I was a kid, I don't even hear them nowadays and I would say that goes for most who follow football - or am I wrong?

The idea that it is OK because a lot of people use it is strange. In the 1950s racial and homophobic slurs were common.

You clearly see these words as not appropriate or you would not have avoided saying them in front of the children. Few people would use them in an interview for a job or for a bank loan. Even people who are not religious usually avoid swearing in church,

People who would not swear otherwise often swear at football matches because football messes with your head. When Spider Kalac was in goal even Mother Teresa would have sworn.

People who swear in front of their children are surely causing problems for their child's teacher - "It must be OK because my dad says it",

I thought he was referring to one of his players as a f***ing pudding.

In support of David’s point, I rather liked the commentator’s comment that It was not something you usually hear on Sunday during the Songs of Praise slot

Swear words are just part of the language and are now way less taboo than a few decades ago. You're a **** if you disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757