Nikos

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefox

MA has given him 24 hours to decide whether he wants to play for LCFC next season. According to Radio Leicester Nikos would like to go back to Greece :!:

bluefox said:
MA has given him 24 hours to decide whether he wants to play for LCFC next season. According to Radio Leicester Nikos would like to go back to Greece :!:

Well F*** off then and stop dicking us around!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

Lets face it he's shit anyway and was at fault for so many goals conceded last season!

dave said:
Lets face it he's shit anyway and was at fault for so many goals conceded last season!

give over!!! our best defender last season by a distance, and certainly good enough for the premmiership, IMO

silkman said:
dave said:

give over!!! our best defender last season by a distance, and certainly good enough for the premmiership, IMO

Bollox you aint got a clue clearly if you watch city and know anything about football you would agree!

dave said:
silkman said:
dave said:

Bollox you aint got a clue clearly if you watch city and know anything about football you would agree!
I blame cannabis :roll:

silkman said:
dave said:

right - like he was outstanding in Euro 2004; I'd say much of a muchness with the other central defenders used last season.

He was good player for us last season, people come here the minute someone leaves there suddenly sh*t and don't like them and never have, dickov is the perfect example.

He did make a few mistakes but so does everyone.

EMC Fox said:
Redditch Fox said:
right - like he was outstanding in Euro 2004

He kept that bench SO warm! :D

I thought he did ok for us, IMO him and heath were a good partnership last year and not sure why they get a slating on here.

Elliot injured at start of season so we may need him.

He grappels with strkers too much and because od this is a liability! I think he gave away a few pens and omse dangerous free kicks, and scored that own goal at Blackurn (even if it wasnt really his fault)

I say if your not 100% committed then he can get on the first train out of Leicester for all I care. The only thing is it does leave us short in defense!!

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10274~541717,00.html

Micky Adams has confirmed that Nikos Dabizas will be a Leicester City player for the coming season.

The Leicester boss had given the Greek international defender until today (Saturday) to confirm whether or not he would be returning to the club for the upcoming campaign.

Dabizas, like Ben Thatcher, Riccy Scimeca and Paul Dickov, had a clause written into his contract that allowed him to leave the Walkers Stadium should the club be relegated from the Premiership.

But whilst returning from a pre-season clash against Barnsley at Oakwell, Adams confirmed to the club’s official website that the player would remain with Leicester for the final year of his deal.

He said: “I spoke to Nikos after the game and he has decided to stay with us for another season. That’s great news and he should be back with us next week.”

Dabizas joined the Foxes from Newcastle United in January, and formed an impressive partnership in the centre of defence with Matt Heath.

The 30-year-old was part of the Greece squad that won Euro 2004 in Portugal – but he failed to make an appearance in the finals.

Tom W said:

Micky Adams has confirmed that Nikos Dabizas will be a Leicester City player for the coming season.

The Leicester boss had given the Greek international defender until today (Saturday) to confirm whether or not he would be returning to the club for the upcoming campaign.

Dabizas, like Ben Thatcher, Riccy Scimeca and Paul Dickov, had a clause written into his contract that allowed him to leave the Walkers Stadium should the club be relegated from the Premiership.

But whilst returning from a pre-season clash against Barnsley at Oakwell, Adams confirmed to the club’s official website that the player would remain with Leicester for the final year of his deal.

He said: “I spoke to Nikos after the game and he has decided to stay with us for another season. That’s great news and he should be back with us next week.”

Dabizas joined the Foxes from Newcastle United in January, and formed an impressive partnership in the centre of defence with Matt Heath.

The 30-year-old was part of the Greece squad that won Euro 2004 in Portugal – but he failed to make an appearance in the finals.

excellent news - now we have a decent central defender for next season, and knowing the one-eyed nonsense prevalent on this site, I imagine many of you will now agree...

I think Dabizas is certainley good enough for the League that we are in,good news IMO.

Left side looking strong. I think Tiatto and Wilcox will make a great team.
Less certain about Canero and Scowcroft though. Forwards has got to be Dublin and Connolly - stunning combination in the Fizzy League. Easily see 40+ goals from this pair

silkman said:
Tom W said:

excellent news - now we have a decent central defender for next season, and knowing the one-eyed nonsense prevalent on this site, I imagine many of you will now agree...

Its very simple - its ok news because you can't have too many central defenders because its a position where for obvious reasons there are plenty of suspensions & injuries.

Dabizas is nothing special but will be useful in the championship with Elliot injured & ancient now. But the reality is that no one more prestigious wants him because they know his limitations (positional weaknesses/ recklessness) & his attempt to ride on the back of the Greek Euro success has not come off.

Micky called his bluff & got it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758