Nine Prem teams ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxybru

Gosh - a wanted man our Mr Dickov.....

EXCLUSIVE
The agent for Leicester City striker Paul Dickov has told skysports.com that nine Premiership clubs are interested in the services of his client.
Agent Phil Smith admitted the Scotland international has a host of suitors in the top-flight, despite the player receiving the offer of a new deal with The Foxes for next season.

"There are nine Premiership clubs that want him, so there is interest," Smith told skysports.com.

With Leicester returning to Division One next term, Dickov has been linked with a number of Premiership clubs - including Birmingham City, West Bromwich Albion, Portsmouth, Blackburn Rovers, Everton and Norwich City.

The latest reports claim Middlesbrough are showing their interest in the former Arsenal and Manchester City hit-man.

However, Smith stressed that only an enquiry has been made by the North East outfit, stating that he is not aware if Boro have made a formal bid to Leicester for Dickov.

"I don't know whether Middlesbrough have made an offer yet - I don't think it's gone that far," Smith added.

"There's been a sort of check made on him by Middlesbrough, but no bid, as far as I'm concerned, has gone to Leicester.

"He's not about to go anywhere else at the moment, either."

I like that last bit - if his agent's saying that then there must still be a tremendous pull to stay with us...

So who are the other two clubs who may be in for him ? The seven named above are the obvious ones I guess. Can't see him going back to Man City... only others I can see are Southampton, Bolton or possibly Fulham ? or maybe Villa ?

Intriguing - especially seeing as he was unwanted by anyone just over two years ago. We've certainly turned him around.

I know someone who supposedly knows Corky, they reckon that if Dickov goes he will go North because his Wife wants to be near her family. Lets see if this source is reliable :?:

Bobby Smith said:
I know someone who supposedly knows Corky, they reckon that if Dickov goes he will go North because his Wife wants to be near her family. Lets see if this source is reliable :?:
She's a posh english girl though :?

"There are nine Premiership clubs that want him, so there is interest," Smith told skysports.com

Yeah, right. Of course there are, mate

Craig said:
Bobby Smith said:

I think they meant north of England?

Bobby Smith said:
Craig said:
Bobby Smith said:

She doesn't sound like she's northern though does she? Sounds more southern to me :?

Craig said:
Bobby Smith said:
Craig said:
Bobby Smith said:

She doesn't sound like she's northern though does she? Sounds more southern to me :?

I think he married her when he was at Arsenal so it would suggest she's from London way.

Malf said:
Craig said:
Bobby Smith said:
Craig said:
Bobby Smith said:

I think he married her when he was at Arsenal so it would suggest she's from London way.

If that is true I will be dishing out a good shoeing :evil: Making me look stupid the bugger :twisted:

Bobby Smith said:
Malf said:
Craig said:
Bobby Smith said:
Craig said:
Bobby Smith said:

If that is true I will be dishing out a good shoeing :evil: Making me look stupid the bugger :twisted:

I might be wrong, but Dickov's kids are over 5 and he didn't go to Arsenal until he was about 24/25 did he? So working on that assumption he must have got together with his mrs whilst he was at Arsenal.

Malf said:
Bobby Smith said:
Malf said:
Craig said:
Bobby Smith said:
Craig said:
Bobby Smith said:

I might be wrong, but Dickov's kids are over 5 and he didn't go to Arsenal until he was about 24/25 did he? So working on that assumption he must have got together with his mrs whilst he was at Arsenal.

He was at Arsenal in 1994 aged 24.

Scowcroft said:
He's 31 now, so he was 21/22 then in 1994, Steven. :wink:

I did a Maths. based degree. :roll: :roll: :wink:

Scowcroft said:

Yes, but he didn't leave until 1996/97 which would make him 24ish, also with Vince Bartram being his best man during their Arsenal days he probably of married whilst he was at Arsenal, and probably his mrs was from London.

Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

Yes, but he didn't leave until 1996/97 which would make him 24ish, also with Vince Bartram being his best man during their Arsenal days he probably of married whilst he was at Arsenal, and probably his mrs was from London.

But the way Steven put it, he said Dickov was 24 in 1994. :wink:

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

But the way Steven put it, he said Dickov was 24 in 1994. :wink:

I know he did, I just replied to your quote instead :lol:

Eric Hall's detail are there aswell, could be interesting if he starts winding us up again.

Bobby Smith said:
Eric Hall's detail are there aswell, could be interesting if he starts winding us up again.

I dreamt I gave Rivaldo's agent a ring last night and hoaxed a deal to sign with City. Adams hailed me as the new hero and snapped me up to liaise with Leicester, City signed Rivaldo and he scored 49 league goals and got us straight back up. Sweet, cheers for that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757