No Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes no sense, if he can sign a contract for a different club and leave for free in less than 12 months.....

Leicester price Norwich out of Scowcroft deal
tribalfootball.com - July 12, 2004

Leicester City are demanding £2 million for striker James Scowcroft.
Norwich boss Nigel Worthington is keen on the centre-forward, but won't go higher than £750,000.

Scowcroft is inside the final year of his Foxes deal and could sign a pre-contract with Norwich in January if Leicester continue to dig in their heels.

its stupid aint it. why dont we just accept 750k, we have better players to play up-front and RM. get rid of him i say. and save 2 million on wages, and the transfer fee put together.

It might not be as easy as that.

I doubt Norwich will offer to pay him as much as he's on at Leicester, so Scowcroft may expect part of the fee to cover his reduced earnings.
He may also be due a 'loyalty bonus' if he's sold without asking for a transfer.
So any fee we receive may not actually end up in the club's bank account.

I'd still get rid of him anyway, but if MA sees him as a first team player I can understand him not wanting to let him go if he's not going to get enough money to sign a replacement.

webmaster said:

I doubt Norwich will offer to pay him as much as he's on at Leicester, so Scowcroft may expect part of the fee to cover his reduced earnings.
He may also be due a 'loyalty bonus' if he's sold without asking for a transfer.

I'd still get rid of him anyway, but if MA sees him as a first team player I can understand him not wanting to let him go if he's not going to get enough money to sign a replacement.

Lets get rid of him for £750,000. We have a better replacement in the team - Canero was devastating vs Charlton, I see him as a winger rather than right back.

RoyFox said:
webmaster said:

Lets get rid of him for £750,000. We have a better replacement in the team - Canero was devastating vs Charlton, I see him as a winger rather than right back.

But we would miss that power in the air. :roll: :? :? :wink:

Steven said:
RoyFox said:
webmaster said:

But we would miss that power in the air. :roll: :? :? :wink:

Good point, mind you Conelly can use his nut, as for Dion!!!

Much as I hate Slowey am sure he will chip in 10 goals for us this season and as has been pointed out the £2M is probably a reflection of contractual obligations rather than regard for his worth as a player.

Dickovforengland! said:
Much as I hate Slowey am sure he will chip in 10 goals for us this season and as has been pointed out the £2M is probably a reflection of contractual obligations rather than regard for his worth as a player.

anyway do u want to change your user name, cos dickov is scum!

gagandeep said:
Dickovforengland! said:

Don't agree with that, but he certainly isn't English.

trickytrev said:
gagandeep said:
Dickovforengland! said:

Don't agree with that, but he certainly isn't English.
If "scum" scores goals and runs its heart out for the team... id have 11 scummy players on that pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757