Nokia N97 & The Car Phone Warehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

My brother's N97 stopped working correctly. The top line of buttons on the qwerty keyboard stopped working, so he took it into the CPW to be repaired.

After waiting two weeks he went to collect it and told him it had been water damaged, so they wouldn't fix it. He says its never been anywhere near water to which they said 'well it can happen from the moisture in the air'

When they gave him the phone back, they had failed to put it back together correctly, so he told them to do so. When he got it back it had now completely stopped working. The CPW said that the water damage had spread and that they would refuse to even look at it now because it had been **wrongly** certified water damaged.

He's 9 months into this 24 month contract and CPW have effectively avoided all the manufacturers warranties by wrongly claiming its been water damaged.

Anyone experienced anything similar? I've done a google search and a few other people have had similar things said to them. I know a few people with the N97 and not one of them has ever worked properly.

My brother's N97 stopped working correctly. The top line of buttons on the qwerty keyboard stopped working, so he took it into the CPW to be repaired.

After waiting two weeks he went to collect it and told him it had been water damaged, so they wouldn't fix it. He says its never been anywhere near water to which they said 'well it can happen from the moisture in the air'

When they gave him the phone back, they had failed to put it back together correctly, so he told them to do so. When he got it back it had now completely stopped working. The CPW said that the water damage had spread and that they would refuse to even look at it now because it had been **wrongly** certified water damaged.

He's 9 months into this 24 month contract and CPW have effectively avoided all the manufacturers warranties by wrongly claiming its been water damaged.

Anyone experienced anything similar? I've done a google search and a few other people have had similar things said to them. I know a few people with the N97 and not one of them has ever worked properly.

I will never have a Nokia again and the N97 seems to be particularly shit, however surely he must be able to take them to citizen's advice?

Moisture in the air? That definately sounds like water damage. Seriously, write them a letter giving them 10 working days to collect the phone and repair it or replace it before you file a claim with the SCC.

Moisture in the air? That definately sounds like water damage. Seriously, write them a letter giving them 10 working days to collect the phone and repair it or replace it before you file a claim with the SCC.

If they are claiming just 'moisture in the air' can damage it, then it is clearly not 'fit for purpose' in a country that always has moisture in the air. They must repair or replace it. It should have come with a warning, 'only suitable for a dry environment such as a desert'.

If they are claiming just 'moisture in the air' can damage it, then it is clearly not 'fit for purpose' in a country that always has moisture in the air. They must repair or replace it. It should have come with a warning, 'only suitable for a dry environment such as a desert'.

I quite agree.

Lads, it's 2010, why the **** are people still buying Nokias? They always have been and probably always will be the shittiest of phones. I wouldn't own one if they were given away free

Lads, it's 2010, why the **** are people still buying Nokias? They always have been and probably always will be the shittiest of phones. I wouldn't own one if they were given away free

I'll raise you, Motorola.

I'll raise you, Motorola.

o2_x2.JPG

I've never had a problem with Nokias apart from when I dropped one in the bath. Better than the Sony Ericssons I've had.

My current Nokia 5230 is excellent for a cheap smart phone.

I've never had a problem with Nokias apart from when I dropped one in the bath. Better than the Sony Ericssons I've had.

My current Nokia 5230 is excellent for a cheap smart phone.

I'm just a petty Nokiaist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265