Non-League thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
United Counties League leaders Anstey Nomads have been drawn at home against Wellingborough Town in the FA Vase fourth round. Game will be played January 9th.

In fairness, without being there and seeing the dog, one can imagine that a barking dog could be threatening. There's barking as a yappy little pekingese might, and then there's a snarling, salivating Alsatian.

If the owner is refusing to control it then not only is there a problem besides the dog but also people around it are wise to consider their safety. I've witnessed (in London's Hyde Park) some dickhead thinking it was highly amusing that their bull terrier was running at, and causing to fall, roller skaters by the Serpentine.

Some (many) people are ****s

A few people are defo ****s but I reckon the vast majority are (give or take) honest and decent.

It’s the ones with flufferpoos called names like Oscar and Poppy that you have to watch out for. Stand there chatting while their dog ****s off and winds up every other dog in the park because it only gets walked twice a week.

Where were the club officials? At this level a club isn't just eleven players - the club should have ejected the owner (and dog) on instruction from the referee. I hope their league takes appropriate action.
There's no such thing as a safe dog, and idiot owners who think their dog is the exception are the most dangerous. Couple that with them having a great big, and no doubt compensatory, German Shepherd and you've got a real problem.

I remember playing in a Sunday League County Cup game in Braunstone, when the host club weren’t appreciating the fact that we were giving them a good beating. One of their sideline said something like “**** this, I’m going to get my dogs” and returned a few mins later with 3 big feisty dogs. We finished the game and then just jumped in our cars, still in our boots and kit and left as quickly as we could.

I don’t know what the circumstances of the above link were, but I’ve definitely been in a situation where dogs were being used as an aggressive threat on the sideline and it wasn’t nice.

Torquay goalkeeper scores a dramatic equaliser deep into stoppage time of their play off final against Hartlepool - currently into extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363