Post Match Norwich 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why the law need re writing
Jonathan Wilson in his question about this I mentioned used us as the example as Vardy has scored a quick counter goal the previous weekend, he'd asked PGMOL what would happen, would it be a penalty etc? Their response was basically "that's never going to happen is it". Wilson seemed to think in this scenario if Vardy scores he effectively gives away a penalty so the best thing he could do is not score.

I hope you're right. To see a half pace Hamza wasn't pleasing.

It was of course implicit (or at least I thought it was!) that Hamza was suffering with post red card trauma. But thanks to the sandwich man for pointing it out :rolleyes:;)
I just don't think he is a holding midfielder, he can do a job there if needed but he'd be better alongside Wilf with license to get around the pitch trying to nick the ball higher up, might be worth going with that for a couple of games to try and add some steel to us down the middle.

We are in desperate need of some experience quality in CM and on the wing, we've been linked with him in the summer but someone like Lallana would have been far more use than Maddison was last night.

Totally lost the will to go to away games now.

Totally inept recent performances where I am putting in all the effort to get there but the players don't seem to have the same commitment.

Last night probably took the wrong decision to come back to Leicestershire on the A47, leaving at 10pm.

Firstly, a section of the A47 Norwich Southern Bypass was closed so it took a good 30 minutes to get out of Norwich and rejoin the the A47 following diversion along the A10.

About half way along the A47 to Kings Lynn it was closed for about a 30 mile section for roadworks leading to a very lengthy diversion via Swaffham.

Finally joined the A47 again at Kings Lynn, got past Peterborough only to see the A47 was closed near Duddington for a serious road accident requiring an improvised and enforced diversion along country single track roads around Kings Cliffe and along the A43 before rejoining the A47.

Got home at 2.30pm after a 4 and a half hour journey instead of the 2 and half it should have taken.

Nightmare! Never again.

Jonathan Wilson in his question about this I mentioned used us as the example as Vardy has scored a quick counter goal the previous weekend, he'd asked PGMOL what would happen, would it be a penalty etc? Their response was basically "that's never going to happen is it". Wilson seemed to think in this scenario if Vardy scores he effectively gives away a penalty so the best thing he could do is not score.
fair point! for me the incident last night was accidental by both players and should have stood, I do have blue tinted glasses on though :cool:. The issue is the technology is highlighting the flaw in the law, if you look at the bournemouth v burnley game the decision was correct. I would say the law should be if it hits the hand it is handball regardless if it is unintentional, if the hand ball leads to an advantage of the team attacking then play is allowed to continue, if not it is free kick to the attacking side?

fair point! for me the incident last night was accidental by both players and should have stood, I do have blue tinted glasses on though :cool:. The issue is the technology is highlighting the flaw in the law, if you look at the bournemouth v burnley game the decision was correct. I would say the law should be if it hits the hand it is handball regardless if it is unintentional, if the hand ball leads to an advantage of the team attacking then play is allowed to continue, if not it is free kick to the attacking side?
I've not watched it back since the game but I'm yet to be convinced it even touched Nacho's hand

That’s obviously not why we lost

It’s very easy (and wrong) to ignore how his absence affected how we played that game
We played very similarly at Wolves with him in the side.

Ten games to go and we’re still third and nine points clear of fifth place. Chelsea and Manchester United both have arguably harder run-ins than we do. A run like this was always coming. Several of our first team players are 22-23 and we definitely need some experienced football brains on the pitch. I feel confident that the recruitment team will have identified appropriate targets to pursue in the summer so we can compete in the Champions League. This squad is still better, talent-wise, than the one that won the title. We’ll be fine.

That said, you can’t be losing to shit like Norwich. What happened to the attitude that ruthlessly dismantled Villa and Southampton?

Exactly - is it any wonder why we long for the days when we used two jumpers for goal posts....

Ten games to go and we’re still third and nine points clear of fifth place. Chelsea and Manchester United both have arguably harder run-ins than we do. A run like this was always coming. Several of our first team players are 22-23 and we definitely need some experienced football brains on the pitch. I feel confident that the recruitment team will have identified appropriate targets to pursue in the summer so we can compete in the Champions League. This squad is still better, talent-wise, than the one that won the title. We’ll be fine.

That said, you can’t be losing to shit like Norwich. What happened to the attitude that ruthlessly dismantled Villa and Southampton?

Talent without the right attitude is useless in this game.

Got home at 2.30pm after a 4 and a half hour journey instead of the 2 and half it should have taken.

Nightmare! Never again.

I make it more like a 16 and a half hour journey. No wonder you're pissed off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363