Speculation Norwich line-up Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.

W88DY

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/35180-norwich-line-up-pearson.php#.Unf0oRNFCcw

Norwich will put Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson on their wish-list if they axe Chris Hughton.

The Canaries manager’s future has been in doubt this season - and Saturday’s 7-0 defeat at Manchester City will not have helped.

Norwich’s board may decide to make a change sooner rather than later and Pearson’s record at Leicester has caught their eye.

The Foxes manager was in danger himself at the end of last season when Leicester failed to reach the play-off final after losing at Watford.

But Pearson was given another chance by the club’s Thai owners and it was a move that paid off.

Leicester are now second in the Championship and have reached the quarter-finals of the League Cup where they will face Manchester City.

Pearson’s stock has risen again in what is his second spell at the KP Stadium.

It was Pearson who turned Leicester’s fortunes around when they were relegated to League One under Ian Holloway in 2008.

Pearson got them promoted and then missed out on another play-off final before moving to Hull City.

When Leicester sacked Sven-Goran Eriksson two years ago it was Pearson they turned to.

Pearson rebuilt the squad and moved on some of the club’s high earners.

Now he is built a platform to take Leicester back to the Premier League.

But Norwich would have to match Pearson’s wages - Leicester put together a £1million package when he returned from Hull.

Tony Pulis and Ian Holloway would also be candidates for the Carrow Road position.

I thought he was guaranteed to be off to Burnley.

I`d let him go meself, it would seem that Craig shakespeare is doing a super job whilst Pearson is sat in the stands !

I`d let him go meself, it would seem that Craig shakespeare is doing a super job whilst Pearson is sat in the stands !

I think it's Stowell doing a lot of the talking. He is in direct link with NP.

And I think NP would take CS with him anyway.

And don't worry, Colin Wanker is 2/1 fav to take over here when NP goes.

He`s going nowhere !

They could always go for Sven
He's selling himself , or his book, on 5 Live at the moment.

Signed contracts to manage ManU Chelsea and Blackburn to name just a few that he's mentioned.

Last edited:
Its boxxocks. why on earth would you sack a manager with premier league experience and give the job to someone completely unexposed at that level? given the cost of relegation, it would be an astonishing decision.

If it's in sportsdirectnews, then it's definitely as good as done

We'll miss you, Nige. Good luck at Norwich

Can't see the local authority allowing this to take place, surely would be catagorised as "high risk" just like any other Leicester person who goes to the East Coast for footballing matters....

Yep. Riddles must be getting anxious.
It's not ideal, but Tony Pulis waiting in the wings.It's a weird situation. Don't want Malky to go, but if it's him or the rich bloke walking, we are not in a position to attract fresh money.Word currently is that kiss and make up talks are underway. Tan is a businessman,he may not like the love that Malky gets, but he ain't gonna throw out the baby with the bathwater IMO.I also don't see Malky going to another club in the bottom half of the table after being strongly linked with Everton last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566