Ricardo Hamza Praet Barnes Chilwell

Nacho Vardy​

We'll get beat here, I'm sure of it.

If Nacho is fit he starts for me

Kasper

Soyuncu Evans Fuchs

Ricardo Hamza Praet Barnes Chilwell

Nacho Vardy​
Maddison and Tielemans created our only openings tonight. There is zero creativity in that side setting up ultra-defensively against the league's bottom side is perhaps a little too conservative.

Maddison and Tielemans created our only openings tonight. There is zero creativity in that side setting up ultra-defensively against the league's bottom side is perhaps a little too conservative.
Praet and Barnes can both be creative, until Tielemans relearns how to actually run around he will keep getting caught out and is often far too casual

Praet and Barnes can both be creative, until Tielemans relearns how to actually run around he will keep getting caught out and is often far too casual
I think he played some excellent balls tonight and created many good opportunities including a sublime pass from which Vardy should have put us one up. Running around is absolutely no determiner of quality and we should know that from watching the likes of Hume and Slimani. His engine is not great though. 70 minutes is his limit and that is a concern. Praet is most certainly not creative. Nearly every single pass goes backwards or sideways. He is a very tidy footballer indeed and a good holding player for when Ndidi isn't available but he will never be a creative midfielder.

I don't mean running just to run I'm talking about creative movement, running to create a passing angle to receive the ball, driving at the opposition with the ball, getting into the box to score, all things he was doing whilst on loan that seem to have gone missing this season.

Assuming we keep the same shape, and I would, I think dropping Barnes in there can give us the thrust we are currently lacking from CM, also don't underestimate how creative Dennis Praet can be

I don't mean running just to run I'm talking about creative movement, running to create a passing angle to receive the ball, driving at the opposition with the ball, getting into the box to score, all things he was doing whilst on loan that seem to have gone missing this season.

Assuming we keep the same shape, and I would, I think dropping Barnes in there can give us the thrust we are currently lacking from CM, also don't underestimate how creative Dennis Praet can be
Has it escaped everyone that we looked like a team of 11 players last night? As soon as you start with Barnes you are effectively playing with 10 men, he is awesome going forward but he is ****ing bone idle and tactically clueless.
I guess with Barnes it is risk versus reward I would start the same 11 as last night.

If Wilf is fit you can't leave him on the bench. He has to be in ahead of Praet.

Of course we should play Wilf if fit, but I’d also play Praet

Tielemans and Maddison have failed to fire for weeks now - but are seemingly undroppable.

Not for me, they aren’t

Of course we should play Wilf if fit, but I’d also play Praet

Tielemans and Maddison have failed to fire for weeks now - but are seemingly undroppable.

Not for me, they aren’t
it would be a terrible message if they are not dropped when consistently poor, people keep saying they created our chances last night but not through anything special they just played the ball over the top, Praet could do that but he was the deepest man so wasn't in a position to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757