Pre Match Norwich v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't win three of the next four, I get the feeling the gap to fifth (or even sixth) will get uncomfortably small. The run in is starting to look harder than it was mid-season, with Arsenal, Sheffield United, Spurs and Man U all looking like they could beat us, so securing the five wins (ish) we require to secure a top four finish needs to start with a win against Norwich. Not quite a must win, but as close to as you can get.

Next six league matches are Norwich, Villa, Watford, Brigton, Everton, Palace. The Everton away one looks tougher now too, so please, please, Leicester, do me a favour and win the other five. I don't want to be stressed out late in April by seeing the other four from the BIG SIX sneaking up and pipping us at the post. And, I also don't want to finish fifth and then sweat on the Man City appeal. In fact, that scenario would be the absolute pits.

Whilst Brendan needs to diffuse any perceived (or actual) pressure that is building, he also needs to give them a bit of a kick up the arse and get them playing with a bit more urgency than we've seen of late. And jeez, doesn't Vardy need a goal! Feels like an eternity since he last scored (because, by his standards, it is).

My head says that once we get N'didi back in the team, and Vardy breaks his drought, our form will pick up and we'll coast to a top four finish, and probably a top three finish. However, my heart says "We are Leicester, and we have an unfathomable knack of screwing things up from seemingly unassailable positions". My head tells my heart to shut up sometimes, but it doesn't. It just keeps nattering pessimistic comments under its breath. I'm sure others here have the same problem.

Any way, in summary, next six games are where we need to get the job done, and that starts with Norwich away.

it would be a terrible message if they are not dropped when consistently poor, people keep saying they created our chances last night but not through anything special they just played the ball over the top, Praet could do that but he was the deepest man so wasn't in a position to
Can’t disagree with the dropping thing, but the Tielemans ball through to Vardy deserves some credit.

If we don't win three of the next four, I get the feeling the gap to fifth (or even sixth) will get uncomfortably small. The run in is starting to look harder than it was mid-season, with Arsenal, Sheffield United, Spurs and Man U all looking like they could beat us, so securing the five wins (ish) we require to secure a top four finish needs to start with a win against Norwich. Not quite a must win, but as close to as you can get.

Next six league matches are Norwich, Villa, Watford, Brigton, Everton, Palace. The Everton away one looks tougher now too, so please, please, Leicester, do me a favour and win the other five. I don't want to be stressed out late in April by seeing the other four from the BIG SIX sneaking up and pipping us at the post. And, I also don't want to finish fifth and then sweat on the Man City appeal. In fact, that scenario would be the absolute pits.

Whilst Brendan needs to diffuse any perceived (or actual) pressure that is building, he also needs to give them a bit of a kick up the arse and get them playing with a bit more urgency than we've seen of late. And jeez, doesn't Vardy need a goal! Feels like an eternity since he last scored (because, by his standards, it is).

My head says that once we get N'didi back in the team, and Vardy breaks his drought, our form will pick up and we'll coast to a top four finish, and probably a top three finish. However, my heart says "We are Leicester, and we have an unfathomable knack of screwing things up from seemingly unassailable positions". My head tells my heart to shut up sometimes, but it doesn't. It just keeps nattering pessimistic comments under its breath. I'm sure others here have the same problem.

Any way, in summary, next six games are where we need to get the job done, and that starts with Norwich away.
Agreed.

In their last five league games Man U only got 2 more points than us.
With 11 games to go, you do the maths :)

Think youvecgot your head and your heart the wrong way round but I share the sentiment

They will be looking at this game as the last chance to really have a chance at survival.

We aren't great at playing teams who have something to play for.

Another draw I see looming.
Frustration continues here.

Praet is an excellent player. Sometimes it takes time to adjust to this league and I think he's getting better and better.

His through balls and general long passes are excellent. He's also decent at the defending. He's certainly creative. I'd start with him and keep him in the team.

Also think Kelechi should start. Him and Vardy could terrorise Norwich's defence with their pace, movement and generally annoying the defenders. Kelech has had excellent movement this season and seems to thrive on confidence.

4 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 would be my formation

Kasper
Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chilwell
Praet
Maddison Tielemans
Perez
Kelechi Vardy

Referee: Craig Pawson.
Assistants: Richard West, Neil Davies.
Fourth official: Jarred Gillett.
VAR: Graham Scott.
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

Another couple of refs that give us little change. (IMO)
Pawson and Scott.

A dream tie for the refs. A team who shouldn't be where they are in the league against a team who aren't really there.

Norwich conceded 19 shots against Wolves last weekend with 13 in the box, 5 big chances and an xGC of over 3. They're collapsing.

1-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758