Not going to the first unread post

Status
Not open for further replies.

pork pie fox

Hi Jeff - I use the New Posts button, to navigate the site. Recently, when I click on a thread, it doesn't take me to the first unread post, just to the top of the page that contains that post. This isn't a big hassle, but is different to how it used to function, so I thought I'd point it out. Cheers.

No worries. I just tried it again and it did the same thing. I'm used to having to wait for it to drop down to the post, but it's not doing it at all. I had a quick look when I scrolled down and I couldn't see any images that hadn't loaded properly, but I could be missing something. As I say, it's no biggie, just thought I'd mention it. Cheers for looking, though.

One thing that crossed my mind was that there has been a new update for Chrome, which I use, for my phone and iPad and I wondered if that might be causing a problem.

One thing that crossed my mind was that there has been a new update for Chrome, which I use, for my phone and iPad and I wondered if that might be causing a problem.

I have the latest version of chrome on my android phone and it's fine.

Though the apple version has recently had a major overhaul, and is supposed to be dramatically faster, so perhaps there is something that has changed.

Interestingly, it's working fine on Chrome on my PC. I noticed that another forum I look at (Snowheads) has the same problem, so I reckon it's a problem with the latest version of Chrome on iOS.

Is the same happening with Safari? All other browsers on iOS have to use the safari engine, so if it's a script problem it originates with Safari.

I don't have an iOS device to test. Does the new chrome update include the 'data saver' (it hasn't been available on iOS previously) if so maybe try disabling that.

Other than that I can't think of anything you can do, perhaps a bug report to both google and xenforo.

Interestingly, it's working fine on Chrome on my PC. I noticed that another forum I look at (Snowheads) has the same problem, so I reckon it's a problem with the latest version of Chrome on iOS.
I was just about to post the same problem until I saw there was a thread on this. It's annoying but not the end of the world. I'm on chrome on a 5s.

If I stumble across the solution or anyone else finds it, I will put it on here / be interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757