Not the nine o'clock news

Status
Not open for further replies.

give_us_a_wave

So I'm a hypocrite because you've heard other people share a different view? That makes no sense. Apparently it's baffling to people that the state media of an imperialist country might take a view that reflects that state's interests. Alright then.

Have you actually watched BBC news just before we or one of our allies bombs the shit out of someone?
Sorry, thats not what I meant. It was a comment on the general level of confusion that people seem to have. Not you personally. I actually veer toward your viewpoint a lot more than the other. It's worse than ever & has been since Cameron packed the BBC with cronies between 2010 & 2015.

The intention is clearly to undermine & eradicate & it's working a treat. The BBC may well be pro government but it's nowhere near pro enough for this lot. They'd much rather have Paul Dacre & Andrew Neil in charge of all news in the UK if they had the choice.

What baffles me is the habit people have of veering wildly between opposite viewpoints.

The practice of dismissing all media as outright lies but then linking to articles in the gutter press as soon as thay say something you agree with is the behaviour of ****s. It's subtly shifted to that from the 2020/21 habit of linking to dubious youtube videos as if they were the gospel of ultimate truth. Drive me mad. The whole country seems to have had a critical faculty bypass in the last decade.

Sorry, thats not what I meant. It was a comment on the general level of confusion that people seem to have. Not you personally. I actually veer toward your viewpoint a lot more than the other. It's worse than ever & has been since Cameron packed the BBC with cronies between 2010 & 2015.

The intention is clearly to undermine & eradicate & it's working a treat. The BBC may well be pro government but it's nowhere near pro enough for this lot. They'd much rather have Paul Dacre & Andrew Neil in charge of all news in the UK if they had the choice.

What baffles me is the habit people have of veering wildly between opposite viewpoints.

The practice of dismissing all media as outright lies but then linking to articles in the gutter press as soon as thay say something you agree with is the behaviour of ****s. It's subtly shifted to that from the 2020/21 habit of linking to dubious youtube videos as if they were the gospel of ultimate truth. Drive me mad. The whole country seems to have had a critical faculty bypass in the last decade.
Are you seriously trying to state that the BBC is pro government? A bit like the BBC coverage of BREXIT it was totally impartial and well balanced according to aunty beeb, yet the facts state that their panels were loaded heavily in favour of those with the view point of remain.

Impartiality is critical and the BBC must show both sides of the coin fairly that ensures integrity. The BBC has spent most of its time giving its opinion rather than the facts and allowing us the public to arrive at an informed decision.

Recent coverage of world affairs has quite frankly been one sided and appalling, nationally the Beeb has silenced anyone who disagrees with their outlook on life and that is a sad state of affairs imo.

A bit like the BBC coverage of BREXIT it was totally impartial and well balanced according to aunty beeb, yet the facts state that their panels were loaded heavily in favour of those with the view point of remain.

The only reason the EU ever became an issue is because of the BBC repeatedly inviting Farage onto programmes when he had no support at all, and leaving the EU was a fringe issue supported by loonies.

The BBC has spent most of its time giving its opinion rather than the facts and allowing us the public to arrive at an informed decision.
I think that this is may be a problem with many/most/all ? of 24 hour news channels regardless of political persuassion - perhaps there is just not enough new worthwhile 'news' to fill the time so it is rehashed with programmes padded out with opinion and commentary on what the news 'means' and speculation on what might happen in the event of ...

The only reason the EU ever became an issue is because of the BBC repeatedly inviting Farage onto programmes when he had no support at all, and leaving the EU was a fringe issue supported by loonies.
Ah right it was the BBC that gave air time to Farage which in turn scared the life out of Cameron and made him put the vote in his manifesto? It had nothing to do with the voting pattern of the country during EU elections and local elections that took place?

I think that this is may be a problem with many/most/all ? of 24 hour news channels regardless of political persuassion - perhaps there is just not enough new worthwhile 'news' to fill the time so it is rehashed with programmes padded out with opinion and commentary on what the news 'means' and speculation on what might happen in the event of ...
Agreed and that is why most run at a loss and their viewing figures are plummeting.

This is like listening to fans talking about bias against their team from referees. It seems everyone thinks the BBC is biased against their political side, no matter which side they’re on?
That is the point I am trying to articulate the issue is the Beeb has veered away from presenting both sides of the argument. Presenters are giving their political suasion ( eg. Maitliss who has now left) that is the point of having hosts on.

Are you seriously trying to state that the BBC is pro government? A bit like the BBC coverage of BREXIT it was totally impartial and well balanced according to aunty beeb, yet the facts state that their panels were loaded heavily in favour of those with the view point of remain.

Impartiality is critical and the BBC must show both sides of the coin fairly that ensures integrity. The BBC has spent most of its time giving its opinion rather than the facts and allowing us the public to arrive at an informed decision.

Recent coverage of world affairs has quite frankly been one sided and appalling, nationally the Beeb has silenced anyone who disagrees with their outlook on life and that is a sad state of affairs imo.

Do yourself a favour and watch the Emily Maitlis lecture from the other day. It was excellent.

You're being suckered into a narrative that doesn't serve your interests.

Right, I agree with you. I think most of the media is complete tripe.

This is like listening to fans talking about bias against their team from referees. It seems everyone thinks the BBC is biased against their political side, no matter which side they’re on?
So what? That doesn't mean that it is in fact neutral.

Do yourself a favour and watch the Emily Maitlis lecture from the other day. It was excellent.

You're being suckered into a narrative that doesn't serve your interests.

Interesting comments and a thoughtful insight from a journalist who undoubtedly does not do what she purports to do. I will leave this little clip here for you, this is the crux of my argument with the BBC it is no longer impartial and it is the likes of maitlis that have made it so.

This is her so called trusted source of news, pot kettle? her integrity is shot!

Interesting comments and a thoughtful insight from a journalist who undoubtedly does not do what she purports to do. I will leave this little clip here for you, this is the crux of my argument with the BBC it is no longer impartial and it is the likes of maitlis that have made it so.

This is her so called trusted source of news, pot kettle? her integrity is shot!

Not sure what that clip proves?

It's clear that you haven't watched the video I shared based on your response.

I suppose it's asking too much nowadays for someone to look at something with an open mind.

I love the BBC. I hope it is biased against the pricks who have dragged us kicking and screaming into the dystopian cesspool we find ourselves in.

Now can we stop going on about it in this thread. :016:

I love the BBC. I hope it is biased against the pricks who have dragged us kicking and screaming into the dystopian cesspool we find ourselves in.

Now can we stop going on about it in this thread. :016:
Yes, it's always nice to see an article about gaza being bombed to cinders headlined with the fact that 2 people holding weapons that were caught in the blast, along with hundreds of similar articles

Not sure what that clip proves?

It's clear that you haven't watched the video I shared based on your response.

I suppose it's asking too much nowadays for someone to look at something with an open mind.
I have watched the lecture in full and correct me if I am wrong Maitlis is telling the audience that politicians have weaponised their agenda through populism to attack journalists and give the impression that if they counter their argument the journalists and their broadcaster are fake news?

What that clip does do is show that Maitlis deliberately used spin to inform the viewer that Skinner had implied something differently to what he had said. She has done the very thing that she is warning against in her speech at Edinburgh, her reaction stating " I was joking" shows that she was caught out by lying to the viewer.

It is the same as when she held a Brexit discussion that had one championing leaving the EU and 4 that were pro remaining in the EU, when challenged by the Brexiteer she said no that is not the case these people represent, Labour, Lib Dems, Greens and another party. That is deliberately miss leading the viewer and ensured that the debate was heavily influenced, yet in her lecture she states that journos have a responsibility to have morals and be balanced.

Therefore she is a hypocrite I could not care less what her political leaning is, I do care where she tries to re-write what she has spent her entire career at the BBC doing.

Apologies Jeff can you kindly move this to the relevant area?

I have watched the lecture in full and correct me if I am wrong Maitlis is telling the audience that politicians have weaponised their agenda through populism to attack journalists and give the impression that if they counter their argument the journalists and their broadcaster are fake news?

What that clip does do is show that Maitlis deliberately used spin to inform the viewer that Skinner had implied something differently to what he had said. She has done the very thing that she is warning against in her speech at Edinburgh, her reaction stating " I was joking" shows that she was caught out by lying to the viewer.

It is the same as when she held a Brexit discussion that had one championing leaving the EU and 4 that were pro remaining in the EU, when challenged by the Brexiteer she said no that is not the case these people represent, Labour, Lib Dems, Greens and another party. That is deliberately miss leading the viewer and ensured that the debate was heavily influenced, yet in her lecture she states that journos have a responsibility to have morals and be balanced.

Therefore she is a hypocrite I could not care less what her political leaning is, I do care where she tries to re-write what she has spent her entire career at the BBC doing.

Apologies Jeff can you kindly move this to the relevant area?

Can't you see that you're falling into the exact trap described?

You're angry at largely unimportant things and so not focused on the horrific mess the government are making of our country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263