Nothing to do with Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't necessarily agree that all those who voted for Trump are/were Fascists.
Not what I said. This is why I was careful with the wording. BN’s contention was:
The overwhelming majority of people do not support racism or fascism or communism.
And my response was:
If the actual numbers of 2016 are anything to go by, those voting against fascists in the US are a pretty slender majority.
Note the very important distinction here. As you can see, there is no point where I make the claim you disagree with. Providing support to or enabling fascists does not make one a fascist. What I said was that a slender majority voted against fascists. This implies that a minority of close to 50% voted for the man who had already made some very loud, very public fascist-sounding noises. That they chose to ignore those noises for whatever reason, again, does not make them fascists, it merely makes them enablers.

Sorry, I misread what you wrote. Unfortunately the worst enablers are the ones in his own party.

Thanks, interesting article. I don't really agree with it though. America is suffering from four years of a narcissitic lunatic in the White House. It really isn't any more complicated than that.

It is pretty clear how important it is for America to vote out Trump in November. Trump needs to be a freak four years and I still believe that will be the case.

All non-Trump supporters needed to do really was to highlight his incompetence and the danger this poses to the future of your country. To be fair to Biden, he is doing that. He is trying to avoid the utterly self-destructive naval gazing about how left you can be or how anti-right you can be.

The BLM stuff, the riots, the defund the police movement, etc. are all directly persuading people that Trump's bullshit might be true. It is so stupid to play these games with your future. Just like the idiotic Corbyn lovers here, they are directly hurting the very causes they are supposed to be in favour of.

Just be decent and serious and democratic. Biden is trying to do that and I expect that he will win comfortably as a result. Most Americans surely don't want this to continue/deteriorate further.

What I said was that a slender majority voted against fascists. This implies that a minority of close to 50% voted for the man who had already made some very loud, very public fascist-sounding noises. That they chose to ignore those noises for whatever reason, again, does not make them fascists, it merely makes them enablers.

This is such reductive and overblown nonsense. It is exactly the sort of nonsense spouted by people that only listen to their own echo chamber of opinions. I guess it's what happens when you 'excise' anyone that doesn't adhere to your certainty.

Thanks, interesting article. I don't really agree with it though. America is suffering from four years of a narcissitic lunatic in the White House. It really isn't any more complicated than that.

It is pretty clear how important it is for America to vote out Trump in November. Trump needs to be a freak four years and I still believe that will be the case.

All non-Trump supporters needed to do really was to highlight his incompetence and the danger this poses to the future of your country. To be fair to Biden, he is doing that. He is trying to avoid the utterly self-destructive naval gazing about how left you can be or how anti-right you can be.

The BLM stuff, the riots, the defund the police movement, etc. are all directly persuading people that Trump's bullshit might be true. It is so stupid to play these games with your future. Just like the idiotic Corbyn lovers here, they are directly hurting the very causes they are supposed to be in favour of.

Just be decent and serious and democratic. Biden is trying to do that and I expect that he will win comfortably as a result. Most Americans surely don't want this to continue/deteriorate further.

I think you’re in for a rude awakening about election security.

This is such reductive and overblown nonsense. It is exactly the sort of nonsense spouted by people that only listen to their own echo chamber of opinions. I guess it's what happens when you 'excise' anyone that doesn't adhere to your certainty.
Again with the superior bullshit. It’s unclear what exactly you take issue with. Surely to **** you aren’t objecting to my characterisation of Trump as a fascist?

how droll.

how droll.

America has been a fecked up place for as long as they've existed. Every president has blood on his hands. Millions of people murdered and tortured at home and around the world. It's what you do in the name of democracy. Guantanamo Bay?

It's not a feature of the last four years. Yes, you've never had such a lunatic in the White House, but it's hardly unusual to endulge in sick and twisted behaviour. It's what America does.

America has been a fecked up place for as long as they've existed. Every president has blood on his hands. Millions of people murdered and tortured at home and around the world. It's what you do in the name of democracy. Guantanamo Bay?

It's not a feature of the last four years. Yes, you've never had such a lunatic in the White House, but it's hardly unusual to endulge in sick and twisted behaviour. It's what America does.

Having a morally bankrupt, genocidal, psychopath at the wheel of that machine might be cause for some alarm, no?

(here comes the: “you just described every politician” line).

Having a morally bankrupt, genocidal, psychopath at the wheel of that machine might be cause for some alarm, no?

(here comes the: “you just described every politician” line).

He is definitely morally bankrupt. He is not genocidal or a psychopath though. A stupid narcissist with a personality disorder maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757