Nottingham Forest v Leicester, 4/5/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be astonished if it was the same 2000 every time though. It's been known for years that City have allowed the priority system to be openly and obviously abused and blatantly disregarded for quite some time (Northampton away anyone?), and this has been a contributing factor in my decision not to deal with them this season.

It's renewals time for the boxes, does anyone honestly think that a box holder who requests 20-50 tickets is going to be told he can't have them? The fact they then pass these tickets on without vetting the recipients is a concern and I'm surprised the safety group at Nottingham aren't more bothered by this.

It's renewals time for the boxes, does anyone honestly think that a box holder who requests 20-50 tickets is going to be told he can't have them? The fact they then pass these tickets on without vetting the recipients is a concern and I'm surprised the safety group at Nottingham aren't more bothered by this.

I'd be surprised if the safety group at Nottingham know about it. I'm also surprised that the evidence suggests that they care little about the number of City fans who will be in areas of the ground set aside for home supporters.

I'd be surprised if the safety group at Nottingham know about it. I'm also surprised that the evidence suggests that they care little about the number of City fans who will be in areas of the ground set aside for home supporters.
This could easily have been foreseen: the allocation of such an absurdly small number of tickets for away fans to a local derby on the last day of the season made it more or less inevitable and NFFC should have been strongly advised against creating a potentially dangerous situation. Whether they were or not, they've gone ahead and done it anyway.

I'd be astonished if it was the same 2000 every time though. It's been known for years that City have allowed the priority system to be openly and obviously abused and blatantly disregarded for quite some time (Northampton away anyone?), and this has been a contributing factor in my decision not to deal with them this season.

Agreed, particularly as three of those games were the cup trips to Forest, Norwich and Chelsea.

I had the same problem as I do always at the start of the season. Our system says 'priority 3', well it's ****ing not here's my ticket stubs (except this season I forgot one therefore I'd to say p3.).

This season I think I've gone six away games. Everything is ****ing effort when it comes to LCFC ticketing.

Same situation will occur for Bournemouth away next season.

Like Biffa, I've had a box holder say he can get me away tickets very easy.

This could easily have been foreseen: the allocation of such an absurdly small number of tickets for away fans to a local derby on the last day of the season made it more or less inevitable and NFFC should have been strongly advised against creating a potentially dangerous situation. Whether they were or not, they've gone ahead and done it anyway.

No they haven't, they have simply given a set number of tickets to the away team. If said supporters of the away team make themselves known in the home section they will be dealt with accordingly.

Now that Mark Arthur ( ex CEO ) has departed ( sacked ) the club doesn't give up home advantage to away teams anymore.

Now that Mark Arthur ( ex CEO ) has departed ( sacked ) the club doesn't give up home advantage to away teams anymore.

Home advantage? None of your fans wanted to turn up to the game, we were more than willing to turn up and support our team in your absence and with Forest being a business they took the money.

If you lot could only muster a measly 10,000 this time around I'm quite sure you would provide us with a few more seats.

I have got my ticket through a box holder, I am really looking forward to being surrounded by corporate morons who will offer no support and certainly no atmosphere :(

You're part of the problem, then....

How am I?

I simply allowed some other person to purchase the ticket I would have purchased with a priority 2 card anyway.

I have got my ticket through a box holder, I am really looking forward to being surrounded by corporate morons who will offer no support and certainly no atmosphere :(

At the Chelsea cup game the corporate tickets seemed to have been sold to a load of ex baby squad idiots, made the area of the ground we were in a bit interesting.

At the Chelsea cup game the corporate tickets seemed to have been sold to a load of ex baby squad idiots, made the area of the ground we were in a bit interesting.

Not sure which one I would prefer, I'm leaning towards Baby Squad idiots though :102:

Home advantage? None of your fans wanted to turn up to the game, we were more than willing to turn up and support our team in your absence and with Forest being a business they took the money.

If you lot could only muster a measly 10,000 this time around I'm quite sure you would provide us with a few more seats.

Forest fans were extremely pissed off when not only were they chucked out of their seats ( as I was ) they were given to the away fans with not one single thought as to pissing the home fans off.
New regime and so far they are looking after the home fans which after the last dozen plus years of Doughty and Arthur is a welcome change.

Forest fans were extremely pissed off when not only were they chucked out of their seats ( as I was ) they were given to the away fans with not one single thought as to pissing the home fans off.
New regime and so far they are looking after the home fans which after the last dozen plus years of Doughty and Arthur is a welcome change.

Well, hope to see you all there then.

So, not ironic at all then?

I go to games expecting us to win, which happened on my first visit and contrary to what was expected this has never happen again

I go to games expecting us to win, which happened on my first visit and contrary to what was expected this has never happen again

That's not ironic though, that's just unfortunate. Much like if it pissed rain on your wedding day.

That's not ironic though, that's just unfortunate. Much like if it pissed rain on your wedding day.

very unfortunate and ironic that its never happened at any other ground

No they haven't, they have simply given a set number of tickets to the away team. If said supporters of the away team make themselves known in the home section they will be dealt with accordingly.

They should find a proper balance then. Going from one extreme to the other helps nobody. Clearly giving us a similar allocation to that they gave us in last season's FA Cup would be silly, but the fact is there will always be a certain number of City fans who will always go to Forest, and a certain number who will always go to the last game. They will obtain tickets regardless of obstacles. I believe that this ridiculous allocation is potentially dangerous and should it cause problems I hope the blame finds its way to the correct place.

Not sure about this season but last year the online booking system did not recognise anyone's priority number, the club knew this but never put a stop to people jumping the queue

Not sure about this season but last year the online booking system did not recognise anyone's priority number, the club knew this but never put a stop to people jumping the queue
There's no reason they would, they've always been quite happy to completely ignore the priority system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757