November Internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzo

First call up from us for this months Internationals

Chituru Odunze, youth team goalkeeper called up by the US for their European based players squad for their friendlies

PLAYER BIO - CHITURU ODUNZE​

National Team: With an imposing 6-8 frame, he will provide the USA with a quality option between the sticks at the World Cup … Played for the USA at September’s 4 Nations Tournament in the Netherlands … Helped the USA qualify for a record 17th FIFA U-17 World Cup at the 2019 Concacaf U-17 Championship, starting two matches … Recorded a shutout vs. Barbados … Brings a 0.67 goals against average this year into the World Cup … Kept a clean sheet vs. Turkey at the 2018 Nike International Friendlies … Represented the U.S. at October 2018’s U17 International Youth Tournament in England … Made his international debut vs. Costa Rica in August 2018 … Earned his first Youth National Team call-up with the U-17 MNT at a June 2018 domestic training camp in Bradenton, Fla. … Also eligible to represent Canada, England and Nigeria at the international level.

Professional: Transferred to Leicester City on Aug. 1, 2019 … Announced as a Homegrown Player by Vancouver Whitecaps FC on that same day.

Youth: Has made four appearances with Leicester City U-18 this season … Played with the Vancouver Whitecaps in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy from U-15 to U-17 … Earned Goalkeeper of the Tournament honors at this year’s GA Cup … Spent U-14-15 at Calgary Foothills FC, U-14 at Calgary Blizzards SC and U-13 at Calgary Villains FC … Played U-9 to U-12 with Chelsea in England … Kicked off his youth soccer career with Royal Greenwich JFC from U-8 to U-9, Thames Moorings JFC at U-7 and Kingfishers JFC at U-6 … Started playing soccer at age five.

Personal: Full name is Chituru Ethan Odunze … Nicknamed C or Big C … Mom and dad own a chain of medical clinics in Calgary … Mom is a family physician and dad is a retired chemist and university lecturer … Older brother Eddie and older sister Adanna are studying to become doctors … Enjoys playing basketball, listening to and making music … Describes himself on the field as “versatile, calm, powerful” … Describes himself off the field as “charismatic, loud, sociable” … Favorite soccer player is Edwin Van Der Sar … Lists his dad as his biggest athletic inspiration … Greatest soccer moment thus far was signing his first pro contract for Leicester City … Favorite movies are the Rush Hour trilogy, favorite TV show is The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air … Loves playing FIFA … Favorite musical artist is Michael Jackson … Loves eating his mom’s homemade jollof rice.

He's not first choice for our U18s, who have been rubbish this season He conceded 8 (EIGHT) goals in his last match.
lets face it he's there to make up the numbers but its still a good thing for him and he should benefit from the experience

I note that N.Ireland have called up Jonny Evans despite him missing the last three City matches.

I think it is inexplicable if we allow him to go and join them, even if he plays on Sunday. It was them overplaying him on the last international break that crocked him last time.

Irrespective of Evans's wishes, we need to withdraw him.

I note that N.Ireland have called up Jonny Evans despite him missing the last three City matches.

I think it is inexplicable if we allow him to go and join them, even if he plays on Sunday. It was them overplaying him on the last international break that crocked him last time.

we literally don't have a choice he has to go and at least be assessed by their doctor or they will get him banned from the Liverpool game by FIFA

Maybe Evans can pick up a knock (honest guv) in the last 5 minutes of the Wolves game (assuming he plays)

Certainly won't be the first time a player's been made unavailable for international duty.... so I'm led to believe... allegedly

We can't and neither should we. He's every right to want to help his country make the finals of an international tournament.

I may think international football is wank as many others do, but as a footballer, being a part of your country making an international tournament and then representing them there, is probably one of the things that they long for the most. We'd be utter ****s to try and stop him, even if we had the power to.

If Kasper goes back to Denmark for the international against Iceland, under the new rules he’ll have to self isolate for 14 days on his return

If Kasper goes back to Denmark for the international against Iceland, under the new rules he’ll have to self isolate for 14 days on his return
Will miss 3 games whilst he quarantines allegedly. I read that the new rules state we can stop him from going but not sure that would be good for club/player relations. Denmark have a big game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757