Now it's personal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh

With Euro 2004, and France vs England almost here, we know it's always customary for the opposition to slate England in the media...but does it have to be so personal?

Henry (about Rooney) said:
"He does it even more when he plays for England, and it should be more difficult. You would think he would score five goals, with respect, against Leciester City in the Premiership, but he doesn't - he scores a couple for England instead."

Pires (about our home-grown tallent) said:
"There are two or three premiership teams who dominate the premiership. They have a fix of home players and foreign players"

"Clubs such as Leicester and Portsmouth do no not have this luxury"

Of course they might have been encouraged by this quote from Euro 2000 which surfaced again:
Southgate (about 4-4-2) said:
Overall we were too predictable," he recalls. "We played a rigid 4-4-2 and stuck to a classic English game which might have been OK in the Premiership but wasn't varied enough for a European Championship...At times you felt we might have been mistaken for Leicester City."

We're so fashionable :D

(move this to Euro 2004 if you think it's in the wrong place)

Leigh said:
"He does it even more when he plays for England, and it should be more difficult. You would think he would score five goals, with respect, against Leciester City in the Premiership, but he doesn't - he scores a couple for England instead."

Oh right and Henry scored how many against Leicester in open play? :?

The quotes are true are they? Saying that to be good you have to sign a mixture of foreigners & british, and pompey can't do that? How many of portsmouths starting line up is british, just steve stone & taylor is it?

the southgate one is as much a compliment as anything, that was from when leicester were good and he's just saying that england need to play a more continental style to compete

the henry one just doesnt make any sense :)

Tom W said:
The quotes are true are they? Saying that to be good you have to sign a mixture of foreigners & british, and pompey can't do that? How many of portsmouths starting line up is british, just steve stone & taylor is it?

the southgate one is as much a compliment as anything, that was from when leicester were good and he's just saying that england need to play a more continental style to compete

the henry one just doesnt make any sense :)

Pires was saying that the top clubs get both the top foreigners and the top English players.

Arsenals English players- Cole, Campball, Parlour
Arsenals Foreign Players- Pires, Henry, Viera

Leicester English Playrers- Scowcroft, Elliott, Walker
Leicesters Foreign players- Nalis, Dabizas, Petrescu

Kind of indesputable.

What he's saying is that to be good you have to have foreigners cause British players arne't good enough. That's what he is implying, it's a dig at England.

he then says clubs like portsmouth & leicester dont have the luxury of being able to afford foreign players and so rely on british players, which is why we're both rubbish.

i was just saying that he's talking shit since portsmouth don't have any british players at all apart from stone & taylor as far as i know.

Tom W said:
What he's saying is that to be good you have to have foreigners cause British players arne't good enough. That's what he is implying, it's a dig at England.

he then says clubs like portsmouth & leicester dont have the luxury of being able to afford foreign players and so rely on british players, which is why we're both rubbish.

i was just saying that he's talking shit since portsmouth don't have any british players at all apart from stone & taylor as far as i know.

Well you couldn't win the league with an all English squad could you? Can we afford to get top foreigners? No. Stop trying to make out that everyone hates Leicester. When you read about admin and stuff, then yes it is ignorance.

I havn't said anything about everyone hating leicester, as obviously thats not what hes saying at all, all i pointed out was that he was talking shit about portsmouth, just like everyone does, saying they have no money to spend etc when they splash out huge contracts to foreign mercs all over the place.

Tom W said:
I havn't said anything about everyone hating leicester, as obviously thats not what hes saying at all, all i pointed out was that he was talking shit about portsmouth, just like everyone does, saying they have no money to spend etc when they splash out huge contracts to foreign mercs all over the place.

Comparitively to Arsenal they have had no money to spend. They probably had the second lowest budget in the Premier lastr season.

trickytrev said:
Tom W said:

Comparitively to Arsenal they have had no money to spend. They probably had the second lowest budget in the Premier lastr season.

They still managed to buy Reyes???? Wasn't he 10.5 million ???

RichMC24 said:
trickytrev said:
Tom W said:

Portsmouth not Arsenal :p I think

RichMC24 said:
trickytrev said:
Tom W said:

£19 million!!!!!

Malf said:
RichMC24 said:
trickytrev said:
Tom W said:

£19 million!!!!!

Well, not all in one go. :wink:

Why Leicester? Can't Henry pronounce Wolverhampton?

Joe_Fox said:

he cant pronounce leicester if you look :roll:

lazzer said:
Joe_Fox said:

he cant pronounce leicester if you look :roll:

:lol: :lol: He should have sticked to Leeds it's alot easier.

lazzer said:
then he would stutter

le leeds :roll:

Le Le LE LEEEEDS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673