October internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a guarantee that every single game Schmeichel will gift the opposition multiple goal scoring opportunities with his distribution. How many times does he fire a ball 5 foot over the fallbacks head straight out for a throw in when passing out under no pressure, how many times does he pass the ball at 80mph to a CB when he's being man marked, how many times does he take a quick punt and it lands straight at the opposition.
Schmeichel is now part of the problem with the 1 great save every now and then not making up for his endless mistakes in every game.
Yeah Danny Ward made 1 howler what a duffer.
To be clear. You’d drop Kasper for Danny Ward?

It's a guarantee that every single game Schmeichel will gift the opposition multiple goal scoring opportunities with his distribution. How many times does he fire a ball 5 foot over the fallbacks head straight out for a throw in when passing out under no pressure, how many times does he pass the ball at 80mph to a CB when he's being man marked, how many times does he take a quick punt and it lands straight at the opposition.
Schmeichel is now part of the problem with the 1 great save every now and then not making up for his endless mistakes in every game.
Yeah Danny Ward made 1 howler what a duffer.

I can see what you are saying, he does make mistakes BUT overall his contribution far outweighs his minus points.

If you want to dissect any game do so in a balanced way, not arbitrary picking out phrases such as “multiple.”

I don't think criticising Schmeichel for his distribution is fair. He's obviously being told what to do. Ten years ago he was drop kicking it into the opposition box for Beckford to chase or throwing it to the halfway line.

Schmeichel isn't Ederson and, to be honest, Ederson is a bit of a freak. He could play centre midfield. The issue is with managers like BR thinking that we should do it because Man City do it.

Loads of managers are at it and it usually looks painfully shite. The sooner that the likes of BR get over their infatuation with Guardiola the better.

I don't think criticising Schmeichel for his distribution is fair. He's obviously being told what to do. Ten years ago he was drop kicking it into the opposition box for Beckford to chase or throwing it to the halfway line.

Schmeichel isn't Ederson and, to be honest, Ederson is a bit of a freak. He could play centre midfield. The issue is with managers like BR thinking that we should do it because Man City do it.

Loads of managers are at it and it usually looks painfully shite. The sooner that the likes of BR get over their infatuation with Guardiola the better.
The obsession with Pep gets right on my tits. It’s as if they can’t see that the entire reason for his “success” everywhere he’s been is having shitloads of money to spend.

The obsession with Pep gets right on my tits. It’s as if they can’t see that the entire reason for his “success” everywhere he’s been is having shitloads of money to spend.

He's such a genius though. They've got loads of money, yes. But true genius is working out that you can spend that money.

He's such a genius though. They've got loads of money, yes. But true genius is working out that you can spend that money.
Aye that’s true. Only Pep could have envisioned the potential success of spending £100m on the best young midfielder in the country.

I can see what you are saying, he does make mistakes BUT overall his contribution far outweighs his minus points.

If you want to dissect any game do so in a balanced way, not arbitrary picking out phrases such as “multiple.”
OK replace "Multiple" with "several"

I don't think Rodgers tells Schmeichel to gift the opposition a crack at goal as often as possible with your shit distribution.

Schmeichel isn't as good now as he was 10 years ago, he is on the decline and has been for a number of years

He played the full game for them today. Didn’t score in their 2-0 win though.

Tielemans was subbed after 59 mins vs Italy. Castagne played the full game and caused the penalty for Italy’s second goal. Italy won 2-1.

Definitely not offside for Mbappe vs Spain. Nope. Definitely the right call.

What the actual ****
Imagine if the refereeing at actual international finals was so poor. For example if the referee refused to give a stonewall second yellow card to a defender cynically hauling down a winger on the break.

Oh...

Schmeichel isn't as good now as he was 10 years ago, he is on the decline and has been for a number of years

This is a joke right?

Schmeichel is a brilliant keeper.

If you're talking about his distribution alone, then maybe you could argue that - but I'd agree with BN that it's largely due to him being asked to play the ball in a way that isn't in his wheelhouse.

But his all round game? Kasper is so far ahead of where he was 10 years ago. He is a fantastic keeper. He was good when he joined, but he's got better and better and is one of the best shot stoppers in the league. One area he's massively improved is commanding his box and coming for crosses. It's maybe still one of his weaker points as a keeper, but he used to be horrendous at it.

Kasper is one of the best keepers in the league. I think weirdly he's recognised as that by most people outside of our own fans and by large sections of our fans too, but there's an oddly large group of our fans that don't seem to realise just how good he is.

Schmeichel signed for us in 2011. He has been our only goalkeeper since aside from an occasional guest appearance.

By means of comparison with this period of consistency, between 2001-2011 we enjoyed the company of:

Flowers, Walker, Coyne, Pressman, Logan, Hirschfeld, Douglas, Henderson, Neilsen, Fulop, Martin, Cisak, Pentney, Warner, Stockdale, Weale, Ricardo and Smith.

I may have missed one or two.

Schmeichel is likely to overtake Wallington as our most used keeper in history this season. He could also become third highest in all time appearances too after Graham Cross and Adam Black.

Like Vardy who is about to become Leicester's third highest scorer in history, we have two absolute all time legends in our side right now. Two players who it is impossible to over state their importance and influence.

They've also both won us the two main trophies in the game, the league title and the FA Cup. I don't care what people say about the merits and talents of Banks or Shilton. Neither player played as often or achieved as much as Schmeichel. He is number one.

I get as frustrated as anyone when Schmeichel aims a pass at Castagne and it flies over this head. But I would never call him for it. I've watched Schmeichel hundreds of times. I know what he is good at and what he is less good at. He does what BR tells him to do, just like he did for all the other managers he's worked for. And he deserves our absolute and complete respect for that.

By means of comparison with this period of consistency, between 2001-2011 we enjoyed the company of:

Flowers, Walker, Coyne, Pressman, Logan, Hirschfeld, Douglas, Henderson, Neilsen, Fulop, Martin, Cisak, Pentney, Warner, Stockdale, Weale, Ricardo and Smith.

I may have missed one or two.
You’re missing six by my count: Simon Royce, Stuart Taylor, Ben Alnwick, Mark Bunn, Carl Ikeme, Chris Kirkland.

This is a joke right?

Schmeichel is a brilliant keeper.

If you're talking about his distribution alone, then maybe you could argue that - but I'd agree with BN that it's largely due to him being asked to play the ball in a way that isn't in his wheelhouse.

But his all round game? Kasper is so far ahead of where he was 10 years ago. He is a fantastic keeper. He was good when he joined, but he's got better and better and is one of the best shot stoppers in the league. One area he's massively improved is commanding his box and coming for crosses. It's maybe still one of his weaker points as a keeper, but he used to be horrendous at it.

Kasper is one of the best keepers in the league. I think weirdly he's recognised as that by most people outside of our own fans and by large sections of our fans too, but there's an oddly large group of our fans that don't seem to realise just how good he is.
Kasper is indeed a very good GK and we have been lucky to have him for the last decade, but my opinion is he isn't as good as he used to be his distribution used to be brilliant he would regularly fire a ball up the pitch for Vardy to run onto and score, now I can't remember the last time he actually passed to a Leicester player unless he rolls it to someone, as for coming for crosses he's never done that especially from corners its like his feet have been nailed on the line.
I can't believe for a minute that Rodgers is telling him to do this so it can only be down to Kasper

His 1 on 1 is probably the best in the league and his reactions are World class but ****ing stop constantly punting the ball over the fallbacks head, wtf are you doing in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757