Derby 66
Watford 100
Brighton 200
Rotherham 400
Gillingham 400
Crewe 400
Burnley 400

2nd favourites??
But if you listen to some people who post here we're going to be in a relegation battle, that can't be right

Yeah, that's pretty much the odds I've seen from all the bookies, although most of them make West Ham and Wolves joint favourites last I saw, with us just behind.

We're 7/4 to get promotion behind Wolves (6/5) and West Ham (5/4)

The bookies seem to be more optimistic than the fans. :wink:

Graz said:

funnily, i was quite pessamistic till i looked at the other teams. west ham wolves and leeds i think will be good, but apart from that... not much in div one scares me

but the fans on this board seem to think we will be in the premier league next seaon, but we'll be in division 1 where the teams r much shitter then ours at the moment!!

gagandeep said:
but the fans on this board seem to think we will be in the premier league next seaon, but we'll be in division 1 where the teams r much shitter then ours at the moment!!
I don't think you can say that until we have a better idea of just who our 1st team is going to be made up of.

If you put any money on Leicester this season to get promoted you'll be wasting your money.....these are stupid odds

Graz said:
Yeah, that's pretty much the odds I've seen from all the bookies, although most of them make West Ham and Wolves joint favourites last I saw, with us just behind.

We're 7/4 to get promotion behind Wolves (6/5) and West Ham (5/4)

odds just reflect the amount of money being wagered on a team so to offset any potential losses by the bookie.
leicester have a good following and not too bad a team, so the bookies will expect us to back city to some degree.
if i put a bet on burnley for £100m quid, i'm sure they'd become favoutites and other teams odds would increase to attract other punters so the bookies loss would be reduced if burnley won. :? :wink:

MKFox said:
odds just reflect the amount of money being wagered on a team so to offset any potential losses by the bookie.
leicester have a good following and not too bad a team, so the bookies will expect us to back city to some degree.
if i put a bet on burnley for £100m quid, i'm sure they'd become favoutites and other teams odds would increase to attract other punters so the bookies loss would be reduced if burnley won. :? :wink:

if city draw charlton in the cup, you reckon we'd be favourites?

se4_fox said:
MKFox said:

if city draw charlton in the cup, you reckon we'd be favourites?
no, too many independant fans would back charlton. which pushes our odds up and makes it better when we beat them 10-0

joking aside, there must be some money in this.
take the european champs, alot of punters in england would have backed england, so you can assume that the germans would back themselves, the french etc...
so to get better odds, we should bet with german or french bookies?
anyone do this?

didn't do it with the euro champinships but last year went to 4 or 5 away games in the home end and got some cracking odds on leicester results and leicester first scorers.................................................................................................................................................just a shame we lost every game i travelled too :( :x

MKFox said:
no, too many independant fans would back charlton. which pushes our odds up and makes it better when we beat them 10-0

joking aside, there must be some money in this.
take the european champs, alot of punters in england would have backed england, so you can assume that the germans would back themselves, the french etc...
so to get better odds, we should bet with german or french bookies?
anyone do this?

why not just bet that england will be crap at an english bookies?

:(

Leicester are a general 7/4 shot to be promoted from the division.

So taking into account a bookie overround of about 125% in this market that makes us about a 2/1-9/4 ish chance if they were running a level book.

In other words the bookies think we have between a 30 and 33% chance of promotion this season :shock:

Bookies are rarely wrong - I think Coventry are worth a punt at those odds...(hate them though i do..)

Agree with Alex there,Coventry and I'd go for Wigan as well but not at those skinny odds,shop around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757