OGS has left the stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
BBC News - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Man Utd manager leaves club

The statement makes it pretty clear that BR is not being considered.

What a staggering statement by the way. Raising hopes that they fully intend to remain completely incompetent.

The statement makes it pretty clear that BR is not being considered.

What a staggering statement by the way. Raising hopes that they fully intend to remain completely incompetent.

I wonder if they'll appoint an interim at the end of the season too. While they look for another interim.

I wonder if they'll appoint an interim at the end of the season too. While they look for another interim.
I think most Premier League managers must regard themselves as 'interim'. There can't be too many who reach the end of their contract.

I think most Premier League managers must regard themselves as 'interim'. There can't be too many who reach the end of their contract.
I think David Moyes did at West Ham the first time and I can’t imagine Wenger’s initial contract at Arsenal was for 85 years. Other than that though, no.

I absolutely adore that fact that Steve Bruce has thrown his hat in the ring, as if he’s got even the remotest shot

I absolutely adore that fact that Steve Bruce has thrown his hat in the ring, as if he’s got even the remotest shot
It’s Manchester United, anything could happen these days.

He probably looks at the fact that Ole managed to get the job.

Translated into English :

Nobody even half decent wants this job while the club is run by clueless ****s.

Also, it'll take until at least May for Ronaldo to decide who he's willing to work with.

he's a former player with a track record of underachieving in management...exactly what they picked last time ;)

Surprised Roy Keane hasn't been linked, that would be worth watching with a big bag of popcorn

It seems a sensible appointment. Very odd for them. Why do they have to wait until the summer for the nexy guy? Are they that skint or is he not that interested? Hopefully they're just being pissed about and end up with Scholes or someone in the summer.

Sometimes managers have a clause in their contract that allows them to leave in the summer.
I'm sure when we got Rodgers we had to pay Celtic more compensation because it was during the season.

I get that....but surely as it's one of the biggest clubs in football that can splash c£80m on a shite central defender they'd just pay the settlement if the potential manager is great. Will be funny as **** if the interim is actually a massive success and then they appoint someone who fails miserably. Or if the one lined up for summer goes to man city.

I get that....but surely as it's one of the biggest clubs in football that can splash c£80m on a shite central defender they'd just pay the settlement if the potential manager is great. Will be funny as **** if the interim is actually a massive success and then they appoint someone who fails miserably. Or if the one lined up for summer goes to man city.

It doesn't matter how much they can pay if the manager they want is at PSG, who can afford to tell Man U to piss off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757