Oh Leicester City, what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

Something is wrong. No communication from the club, no photos, nothing from players even. For a club back in training for a new season, not a word from the manager. No signings either.

I can't ever recall similar.

Geoff Peters (formerly of RL and close enough to the club to be trustworthy) posted something last night and then deleted it.

In response to people wondering what could be going on, he said "Watch this space, people are going to be gobsmacked".

City do love an implosion.

I “know” that people have been told to be quiet ahead of big news before, so it could be negative. On the other hand, that wording could be applied ahead of a positive news release.

Oh well, I guess we’ll find out soon.

Gobsmacked could be a good thing?

It is weirdly quiet though. Even if you ignore the lack of new signings, I find it extremely strange there's no news of players being back in training etc. The first friendly is in 2 days yet we've heard nothing from the club about players returning or comments on our pre season plans or hopes for the season ahead etc. It is quite odd.

The more innocent explanation for this is that they don't want general public trying to come down to watch training.

One of the friendlies is at Loughborough Uni, so does that mean we're training there? Have we already closed Belvoir Drive and are going to have a longer period than we expected until the new training ground is ready to move into?

The last time I remember the club being this quiet was inbetween rimgate and Pearson getting the boot.

Somethings happening

I wonder if they are announcing that I'm not renewing my season ticket?

Thought process - We’re Leicester City, if we’re going to announce something big, the balance of probabilities and our illustrious history suggest that it’s going to be a massive shitstorm ending in a Herculean downward spiral.

Prediction - It’s going to be the biggest shit ever seen in the back of someone’s car.

The club is being sold.

BN is right. Never seen it this quiet. At first i put it down to Covid and all that crap but I've seen other clubs reporting stuff etc. Even our transfer rumours are boring and seem without any real substance.

- King power sale
- Rodgers being replaced
- mass player exodus
- we're announcing a huge set of transfers in.

My guess is one of the above though "watch this space" tends to be positive more often than not.

Maybe BR has ordered this. Maybe he realised last season's implosion was not good enough. That he needed to drill his way of football with no outside influences. That he needs to change the confidence. And that if he ****s this job up his rep as a top manager goes. Either way, it's all pissing me off. I search "Leicester" into google like 10 times a day and nada.

Last edited:
The club is being sold.

BN is right. Never seen it this quiet. At first i put it down to Covid and all that crap but I've seen other clubs reporting stuff etc. Even our transfer rumours are boring and seem without any real substance.

- King power sale
- Rodgers being replaced
- mass player exodus
- we're announcing a huge set of transfers in.

My guess is one of the above though "watch this space" tends to be positive more often than not.

Maybe BR has ordered this. Maybe he realised last season's implosion was not good enough. That he needed to drill his way of football with no outside influences. That he needs to change the confidence. And that if he ****s this job up his rep as a top manager goes. Either way, it's all pissing me off. I search "Leicester" into google like 10 times a day and nada.
You type "Leicester" into Google for Leicester City news? Maybe a try a news aggregator like NewsNow instead? Tip - sign up for an account and filter out the Mercury.

Half the playing squad have probably ****ed off to countries where they need to self isolate on return and can't train.

Or someone's had their bumhole locked by a goat

Of course it could just be the news that we're selling Chilwell to Chelsea, which seems increasingly likely, and the 'gobsmacked' part is how much we'll get.

I feel like gobsmacked/watch this space lean, more to good news than bad (the fee being the good part - please not another Chilwell argument)

Gobsmacked is generally associated with good news, bigger than normal and perhaps extraordinary.

so my guess is a marquee signing, couldn't for the life of me guess who though?

Half the playing squad have probably ****ed off to countries where they need to self isolate on return and can't train.
Premier League squads have an exemption so long as they're playing.
It's Joey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758