OHL 21/22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

The Belgian league begins this afternoon and OHL are in action - 3.15 KO.

No City players are currently involved with them. Andy King clearly explained that the OHL manager was pissed off with us sending them players he didn't want so he just didn't pick them - Iversen, Eppiah and Benkovic were all underused. It will be interesting to see if anyone goes there this season.

Third game of the season on now. Already losing (1-0 after 8 mins) and a downpour happening so bad that the players have all run off the pitch.

HT - losing 1-0.

I enjoyed watching OHL last season. This year they are nowhere near as good. They need some serious reinforcements in before the end of the window. Top has got issues there as well as at City.

Was the game available to watch online?

Not so interested in them when they have none of our players on loan.

I assume part of the reason King Power bought them was to use them as a feeder club for City.

If they won't take any of our players on loan, then I wonder if KP will lose interest in them?

Is there another reason for their ownership? I can't see that they're looking to turn them into a European powerhouse?

Surely they need to put a manager in place who does as he's told

I can’t imagine what use a Belgian feeder club would be post-Brexit, it’s not like we need players to have EU passports. Could it be that KP buying OHL was not related to LCFC interests?

I can’t imagine what use a Belgian feeder club would be post-Brexit, it’s not like we need players to have EU passports. Could it be that KP buying OHL was not related to LCFC interests?

I'm watching OHL at Bruge tonight and thinking much the same thing. OHL have lost their two best players from last year, one of whom (Sowah) is playing against them tonight. He looks good by the way, as he did against PSG last week. Overall, OHL look a shadow of the side from last season. They look set for a relegation battle.

We've sent no players there this season. So what's the purpose of KP owning them? When there was the possibility of them qualifying for Europe last season, it would have created a right headache as two sides can't be owned by the same person in the same European competition.

Their manager made it clear that he has no interest in taking our players. They seem quite keen not to be feeder club for us. If there isn't any link between the clubs aside from the owner, then my interest in them disappears.

In fact, they then become an irritation. Like the LCFC Women's team, all I see is a drain in time, energy and money away from the team I care about.

When there was the possibility of them qualifying for Europe last season, it would have created a right headache as two sides can't be owned by the same person in the same European competition.
Unless you’re Red Bull, in which case they can be drawn in the same group.

Interesting approach used in Belgium to player absences. OHL turned up for their latest match this weekend all kitted out and the opposition weren't there. So OHL got awarded a 3-0 win. That's the rule. You turn up and play or you forfeit the match.

I like that better than what we do.

Interesting approach used in Belgium to player absences. OHL turned up for their latest match this weekend all kitted out and the opposition weren't there. So OHL got awarded a 3-0 win. That's the rule. You turn up and play or you forfeit the match.

Yea but the image of the PL is so important........

A squillion times better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472