Olu Deniz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Anyone know what is the best currency to take to Olu Deniz, Turkey?
I've now booked my holiday and read in some places that it's better to take sterling or euros than get a wodge of Turkish lira.

I'm not so sure myself so thought I'd ask you lot - especially Durham and Alex.

Any advice would be welcome and any other tips for Olu Deniz would be great too.

Marbles.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

All the shops in Turkey take sterling although they seem to prefer Euros. If I were you I'd take a couple of hundred in Lira and the rest in pounds. At least you don't have pay to convert your currency.

PS Remember to have a £10 note each for your visa when you get there, they don't give change.

All the shops in Turkey take sterling although they seem to prefer Euros. If I were you I'd take a couple of hundred in Lira and the rest in pounds. At least you don't have pay to convert your currency.

PS Remember to have a £10 note each for your visa when you get there, they don't give change.

What? £10 for a visa? What's all that about?

Joe_Fox said:
Take about 20% in lira and the rest on Stirling.

You need a fresh, non damaged £10 note for every person you want a visa for. Don't take a £20 note for 2 people, must be £10 notes.

You have to pay £10 at the airport when you arrive for a visa.

I'm not sure but I think that if you go for a boat trip to a Greek island for instance you have to pay again when you re-enter the country.

Take about 20% in lira and the rest on Stirling.

You need a fresh, non damaged £10 note for every person you want a visa for. Don't take a £20 note for 2 people, must be £10 notes.

Are there cash machines out there? So do bars, etc take pounds and lira?

You have to pay £10 at the airport when you arrive for a visa.

I'm not sure but I think that if you go for a boat trip to a Greek island for instance you have to pay again when you re-enter the country.

No you don't.

In fact the entry visa is valid for six months so if you go again this year before the six months is up you won't have to pay the tenner a second time.

at least they are openly bribing meg suppose.

Who's meg?

hardened-meg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48