Olympics on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

It seems that the Beeb will be offering 24 different streams for the duration of the olympics, each dedicated to a particular sport. Looks like Sky will be carrying all 24, so you can watch beach volleyball all day (or as long as physically possible).

(For me, I think it will be the sailing and windsurfing)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17595078

I wonder how many channels will cover the strikes, protest marches and riots?

They'll be too busy covering the terrorist incident that the government have got planned

The Olympic gold in terrorism is probably all a few countries have a real chance of winning.

To be fair, I think they're quite hopeful that Jessica Hardy might bring them home another medal; it's not just terrorism that they're good at

Got to say the TV coverage is phenomenal. I've pretty much been sat watching Olympics all day. Basketball, volleyball, archery, boxing, cycling, judo, swimming, now football. Brilliant. As I was flicking through the events I had to mention to my 6 year old that up to about 10 years ago we'd have seen at most two events at a time. Some of these sports would barely get a mention.

It helps that they put the effort to get a GB entry into each competition.

Got to say the TV coverage is phenomenal. I've pretty much been sat watching Olympics all day. Basketball, volleyball, archery, boxing, cycling, judo, swimming, now football. Brilliant. As I was flicking through the events I had to mention to my 6 year old that up to about 10 years ago we'd have seen at most two events at a time. Some of these sports would barely get a mention.

It helps that they put the effort to get a GB entry into each competition.

The chunked streaming that allows you to watch events from any point online is really good. In fact, the online experience in general is great.

BBCs coverage has been brilliant. Really enjoying it and through their website/app and twitter its making it possible to keep up with everything going on. Great stuff

BBCs coverage has been brilliant. Really enjoying it and through their website/app and twitter its making it possible to keep up with everything going on. Great stuff

Channels 450 onwards on Sky is brilliant too, you can flick so easily through the BBC coverage to see what is going on.

The presenters have been really good too, apart from Lineker's inability to say aquatic :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Watched the hockey earlier... had Barry Davies commentating! Would love to get him back on BBC's main coverage.

The presenters have been really good too, apart from Lineker's inability to say aquatic :icon_lol:

He was tweeting earlier "AquAtic, AquAtic.... Swimming Pool!" :icon_lol:

FreeSat has all the BBC Olympic channels too. Brilliant.

So glad it's all on the Beeb.

Watched the Beach Volleyball team from GB earlier beating the Canadians. Made good TV and the crowd got into the spirit of it all.
I like how you can just go up and down till you find something thats worth watching.
The channels without any commentary are a bit difficult to get used to. I almost felt like adding my own.

Watched the Beach Volleyball team from GB earlier beating the Canadians. Made good TV and the crowd got into the spirit of it all.
I like how you can just go up and down till you find something thats worth watching.
The channels without any commentary are a bit difficult to get used to. I almost felt like adding my own.

Yeah it is a bit weird. I thought the Beach Volleyball was really good. Great atmosphere by the end.

Of course the amazing behind of Zara Dampney helped too.

Watching the Women Volleyball team from GB against Algeria. Intense stuff. We should have won the first set but ended up losing it, Then we won the 2nd set which was the first set ever won by the women at Olympic level . They were leading at times in the 3rd set but they eventually lost it, Now in the 4th set which we need to win to take it to a 5th set. We are leading at the moment by 7 points and we need 2 more points to take this to the 5th set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757