On This Day.

Both legs were away from home that year.

We've been tied up in Nottingham for the past few days and I bored Mrs Boc with that story as we walked past the City Ground on the anniversary of the game on Thursday.

Me and my mate had to hide in someones back garden after being chased through some residential area afterwards.

They didn't take defeat very well.

I finished up walking back to the car in a bin bag for a disguise. The Pompey fans did think they had good reason for their discontent. After all they had earned 17 more points than us during the season (or was it 7?) and should not have had to face the indignity of the playoffs.

Ha!

Looks like it’s the defender to me. But I’ve only watched it on my phone so I might be wrong obviously

Looks like it’s the defender to me. But I’ve only watched it on my phone so I might be wrong obviously
Yeah it's definitely Sticks. It's not exactly HD, though, so I get why it might not be the clearest on a phone :023:

Hang on a minute, if the keeper is in front of the ball and there is a defender on the line, if an attacking player who is between the keeper and the last defender score it's offside?

Hang on a minute, if the keeper is in front of the ball and there is a defender on the line, if an attacking player who is between the keeper and the last defender score it's offside?
Yes. Unless there are two defenders on the line ;)

The fact that one of them is a goalkeeper is irrelevant. If there are fewer than two opposition players, between the attacker and the goal line, they are in an offside position (not to be confused with being offside). The fact that there is normally a goalkeeper in one of those positions means that people tend to concentrate on the last defender. There could be two defenders (but no goalkeeper) between the attacker and the goal line and the player would therefore be onside, for instance.

To be onside you have to Have two opposing players between you and the goal.
Surely everyone knows that?

The linesman didn't.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757