On This Day.

[B]Leicester City[/B]‏ Verified account @[B]LCFC[/B] 27 minutes ago

Mark Robins made his #lcfc debut #OnThisDay in 1995
1f98a.png

Dxv1AbKWkAA-XAF.jpg

Look on the Don's face, as if to say, "Feck, what are we doing????"
Also, loved the tweet from that day "For those just tuning in, its 3 - 0 to Leicester and Robert Huth is on a hat trick" [or words to that effect :).

Look on the Don's face, as if to say, "Feck, what are we doing????"
Also, loved the tweet from that day "For those just tuning in, its 3 - 0 to Leicester and Robert Huth is on a hat trick" [or words to that effect :).
My favourite ever tweet!

At the time Man City looked the most likely to challenge us for the title. Then they bizarrely announced they were going to get rid of their manager and we gave them a good ****ing spanking. Good times.

Watching that I can’t believe how composed the players and Claudio were, maybe it was just disbelief. God we were good.

No, no, no we were just lucky...
Of course we were, I was being sarcastic. Spurs finishing third without spending one single penny on a footballer since they bought Robbie Keane 10 years ago would be a far greater achievement.

Don't forget that finishing in the top four, without actually being champions, is better than winning trophies.

Watching Liverpool stumble over the past two games has just made me think about how incredible we were, we just kept on going in amongst all that hype.

The long term legacy, I think, will be the enormous bollocks we showed after the Arsenal result. ****ing immense in hindsight.

The long term legacy, I think, will be the enormous bollocks we showed after the Arsenal result. ****ing immense in hindsight.
If you haven’t already listen to the audiobook of Jonathan Norcroft’s book of that season, making my way through it whilst working recently

The nucleus of the football side of the club had been through a lot in the previous few years. The play off loss to Watford, winning the Championship handily the following year, then the great escape. It bred a resilience and determination that showed that year.

8 years ago today. He must be like.....30 today?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854