On This Day.

so still one of the better players in that side, yeah?

Not for me.

I judge a keeper on two things. Does he take control and organise his side well in his penalty area and does he make non-standard saves that make a difference?

Walker was next to useless at both.

After being found out at Spurs, twatto Taylor bought him when he failed to get Paul Robinson. In the two Premier League seasons he was our keeper, we were relegated both times and he hardly ever stepped up.

My overriding memory of him is conceding five goals in less than 20 minutes at home to Villa and a fan running on the pitch to confront him. Then the next week a nothing shot went straight through him.

He wasn't fit to lace Tim Flowers boots.

Not for me.

I judge a keeper on two things. Does he take control and organise his side well in his penalty area and does he make non-standard saves that make a difference?

After being found out at Spurs, twatto Taylor bought him when he failed to get Paul Robinson. In the two Premier League seasons he was our keeper, we were relegated both times and he hardly ever stepped up.

My overriding memory of him is conceding five goals in less than 20 minutes at home to Villa resulting in me running on the pitch to confront him. Then the next week a nothing shot went straight through him.

I ****ing knew it

Not for me.

My overriding memory of him is conceding five goals in less than 20 minutes at home to Villa and a fan running on the pitch to confront him. Then the next week a nothing shot went straight through him.

so, again...still one of our best players during that time.

I didn't see the need to bring Walker in. Flowers had been in great form the season before and pushing for an England call up.

If I recall, there were rumours that the board had signed Walker, Wise and one other (Rowett?) having panicked about our crap end to the previous season.

It was Walker, Wise and Scowcroft and I’m led to believe Taylor had said signing these would get the club into Europe:)

I didn't see the need to bring Walker in. Flowers had been in great form the season before and pushing for an England call up.

If I recall, there were rumours that the board had signed Walker, Wise and one other (Rowett?) having panicked about our crap end to the previous season.

Flowers back was ****ed. We did have to replace him.

Ah yes, Jamie Scowcroft, the ideal man to lead us to Premier League security.

Jesus ****in Christ.

BN, I take your point, and I agree. I never rated him as a keeper either, and he was on the decline by the time Spurs decided it was time for him to go. But again, by comparison to the assembly of dross we had at the time, he was Dino Zoff.

I don't think he was an awful keeper but as a club we have had so many good keepers over the years that he ends up a long way down the list.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854