On This Day.

On this day in 2019 we scored a league goal from a corner. We haven’t scored one since.
In fact we didn’t score it really. I was an own goal scored by Tim Krul.

30 years ago today we lost 2-1 at Millwall in the third round of the FA Cup. It was our 6th successive 3rd round exit.

We were winning as late as the 86th minute but with Ramsey and Walsh sent off in a utterly foul atmosphere, we eventually lost to two late goals.

The Old Den wasn't a pleasant place for a City fan to be that afternoon. I remember running for my life. I've been looking for a video of the game but can't find one.

It was never a pleasant place to be. It was our second visit there in a couple of weeks, we also lost there on boxing day. A game I only got to at half time. But at least they let me in for free to see us lose.
My one and only visit there was to see Lenny Glover score to beat Millwall in the FA cup in 1969 . On the way out the ground I was more worried about being trampled by the numerous police horses in the crowd than being attacked by Millwall fans

It was never a pleasant place to be. It was our second visit there in a couple of weeks, we also lost there on boxing day. A game I only got to at half time. But at least they let me in for free to see us lose.

Wow....we were ludicrously late too as the football special from Leicester was full (although I think we were late for it!) So ended up getting a minibus from Leicester station all the way to The Den.....
Still had to pay for entry though.
Oh the joys......

30 years ago today we lost 2-1 at Millwall in the third round of the FA Cup. It was our 6th successive 3rd round exit.

We were winning as late as the 86th minute but with Ramsey and Walsh sent off in a utterly foul atmosphere, we eventually lost to two late goals.

The Old Den wasn't a pleasant place for a City fan to be that afternoon. I remember running for my life. I've been looking for a video of the game but can't find one.
Yep, I was there having caught the train to (what I now know) as S Bermondsey.

We were attacked by the police as we left the station, coppers hitting fans with truncheons doing nothing more than singing. I remember black vans lining the route and objects being hurled at us as we walked along Ilderton Road.

we got to “Cold Blow Lane” and were instructed by the police to run under the bridge, Millwall fans were on top of this throwing rocks down onto us.

I remember there was only 1 turnstile for away fans and it was that packed many were slipping and falling down the embankment that lined the steps.

we lost, thank **** otherwise I wasn’t altogether sure I would be here writing this account today.

what a shithole.

My one and only visit there was to see Lenny Glover score to beat Millwall in the FA cup in 1969 .

I was at that game too, I was 12 at the time, went with my Dad who was from Bermondsey and was a Millwall supporter before the war.

I also went when we got beaten there in the cup in 1985, I was with a bloke I worked with at the time who was a Millwall fan and a bunch of his friends (one of them was Neil Ruddock's brother). I still didn't feel 100% safe even then as one of said "friends' struck me as a complete headcase who could go off at any minute.

I went back to the ‘New Den’ about 8-9 years ago as I worked by the ground.

I worked with a bloke who I had worked with previously and always suspected he was a ‘bit of a geezer’.

Anyhow the ****er ground me down and I agreed to go with him and sit with his mates on the home end.

we scored and I swear my eyebrow didn’t even flicker.

Then a bloke in the rue in front of me got up, turned round and stared at me, followed by him shouting ‘alright Leicester?’

I nearly followed through and didn’t know quite what to do. My Millwall ‘mate’ said as it was close to half time we should leave in the interval.

whistle blew and we got up, as did about 50 others surrounding me, oooya bastard, I was ducking bricking it, anyway we walked down to the concourse and the ones around us came over, they had beers with them and had bought me a pint.

My mate as it turned out was part of the Millwall Firm and had primed them all that I was with him.

I have NEVER been so shit scared in my whole ducking life.

I went back to the ‘New Den’ about 8-9 years ago as I worked by the ground.

I worked with a bloke who I had worked with previously and always suspected he was a ‘bit of a geezer’.

Anyhow the ****er ground me down and I agreed to go with him and sit with his mates on the home end.

we scored and I swear my eyebrow didn’t even flicker.

Then a bloke in the rue in front of me got up, turned round and stared at me, followed by him shouting ‘alright Leicester?’

I nearly followed through and didn’t know quite what to do. My Millwall ‘mate’ said as it was close to half time we should leave in the interval.

whistle blew and we got up, as did about 50 others surrounding me, oooya bastard, I was ducking bricking it, anyway we walked down to the concourse and the ones around us came over, they had beers with them and had bought me a pint.

My mate as it turned out was part of the Millwall Firm and had primed them all that I was with him.

I have NEVER been so shit scared in my whole ducking life.

The trick is to go all Dick Van Dyke. Throw in some knees up muvva braaan and apppews n pears and you'll be sweet.

The lamp someone and remark about how they've got Claret coming out of their Norf and Saaaf
What are you talking about you toby? I ought to cut up your boat race.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854