On This Day.

Monday night game - that Muzzy goal - up your crunge , Spuds

Lovely stuff

Was this the Leeds game ? God I miss Filbo.

I've just googled. We'd just beaten Leeds and they wanted MON after that. Loads of shit about whether or not we could prevent him talking to them.

I remember the game ridiculously well given i was about 13. One fond memory was that my dad sprayed Mr ****ing Sheen on the parquet floor, i celebrated a goal and snapped a finger when i faceplanted. I repeated the finger snap faceplanting a few years later but there was an empty binbag and much alcohol involved.

Two brilliant goals that might and some incredible emotion.

I was there and remember saying to the chap next to me to enjoy the game as it might be the last one we get to for a while. Little did I know how true that was going to be.

I was there and remember saying to the chap next to me to enjoy the game as it might be the last one we get to for a while. Little did I know how true that was going to be.
Yep. I was there with my dad and my brother and we had the same conversation. Crazy stuff.

The fact that we didn’t just stay up by the skin of our teeth, but confirming it with a game in hand, is just remarkable.

I’ll never forget that West Brom away match.

The fact that we didn’t just stay up by the skin of our teeth, but confirming it with a game in hand, is just remarkable.

I remember sitting with my laptop at the bottom of the stairs. I'd moved to a place in the house where I could be away from everyone else. When that winning goal went in I remember thinking that we really could do the impossible.

One of my favourite games ever. That Vardy goal prompted the wildest celebrations since the last minute goal at Forest - I ended up miles away.

That goal is a great sliding doors moment. If Vardy had missed it, who knows where we'd be now.

That season was bizarre. We started ok enough for a newly promoted side and then had the 5-3 win over Man Utd. No idea if that takeaway from that result was that we'd conceded 3 or what? We just went to shite, the Newcastle away game the following month was painful viewing as we looked like we'd accepted relegation in October. We then muddled along before giving it a go once it looked too late.

I watched the championship games yesterday on sky and felt so happy we're not in that league.

Strange thing is perception, I remember now thinking that we didn't play badly in a number of games that season (before the great escape) but just didn't get the results.

Strange thing is perception, I remember now thinking that we didn't play badly in a number of games that season (before the great escape) but just didn't get the results.

We were never really getting thumped but it never looked like we'd win a game. Reminds me of some of the bottom sides this season.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854