Other Grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I collect back issues of Razzle, if that's any help ?

Farrar Road, the old Bangor city stadium as I spent a couple of seasons going to most home games.
then Cardiff city stadium
And Millennium/Principality stadium but more for rugby than football.
I lived in Bangor for 4 years and I never went. I think their new ground is at Nant Porth, that was the location of my home ground.

The year I left left y coleg normal was the year that it merged with the University of Wales. Iirc that released the shackles on players. My former team mate signed for Bangor City and was playing in the UEFA cup within 14 mths. I taught him everything I knew, thankfully he had so much more to fall back on

Filbert street
Meadow lane
The old Wembley
Old trafford
Unfortunately old trafford is likely to be my regular haunt now that I've moved up north. Would have quite liked to have gone to watch my local team Bury but that's not happening any time soon.

I went to Notts County quite a few times when I was a student with a mate that supports them but I found it interminably dull and would end up getting hammered before the games. Other than being in a half empty stadium with dreadful football on show, I found it hard to stay interested when I wasn’t emotionally attached to the team.

A couple of mates bought cheap season tickets at Sincil Bank when they were students in Lincoln. I never went but I always thought it looked a bit like Filbo from the outside. For some reason my mates decided it would be hilarious to just support a striker they had called Delroy Facey. In that zany, completely childish and unfunny way that students behave. They used to make banners because their seats near the front of a stand, they lost their minds when they’d see themselves on the highlights after. Pair of twats. Best man and an usher at my upcoming wedding....

I lived in Bangor for 4 years and I never went. I think their new ground is at Nant Porth, that was the location of my home ground.
That’s right. I’ve never been - left north Wales before the move. Farrar Road now a supermarket!

Nice of Delroy to make the time.

Also, congratulations.
Already been postponed once, got a feeling we won’t be getting married this August but we’ll see.

Forest about 20 times but not always when city play. Sometimes used to go in the away end if city wern't playing.
Wembley about similar, with city, England loads of times, Metalica and George Michael lol Derby West brom play-off final. Walked on Wembley turf few months after the Wimbledon cup final and acted out scoring a penalty where Alrdrige had missed, I scored lol
Northampton a few times not far away.
Malaga V Espanyol.
Sneaked into Ajax ground when I was stoned lol no pitch they were preparing for a concert so I walked out into where the centre circle was.
Jumped the turnstile at Notts co v Sheff Wed.

Stoke for me, lived there for a while. Away end of course when they played City, side stands for when tickets were on offer for certain games. I have to say the Boothen End does sound loud and Delilah isn't bad as far as footy songs go.

Fecking cold ground though, even in the summer. I seem to remember they only had one corner filled in at the time, around 15 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263