Oud-Heverlee Leuven

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a fabulous performance. Rob McKenzie has put together a very hungry squad of players there. The spirit and application was excellent.

To be honest, it looks like they should be loaning players to us rather than the other way round.

One other point, there can't have been more than a thousand fans in but it made such a difference to watching. I also had Liverpool v Leeds on and you can't compare them - it has made me think that PL football might be watchable again once there are a few thousand in the ground. It has also made given me second thoughts about not being interested in going. Those OHL fans had a wonderful evening.

Another excellent result. 2-1 win at home vs Club Brugge

I watched 20-30 mins of the second half. They played some excellent attacking football. Full credit to the management team.

OHLs form continues to be impressive and remarkable. Here is the league table after their win today:

1607803013205.png

The top four play off for the title after playing each other twice. There is a strong chance that they will qualify for Europe this season.

OHLs form continues to be impressive and remarkable. Here is the league table after their win today:

View attachment 15640

The top four play off for the title after playing each other twice. There is a strong chance that they will qualify for Europe this season.
Does anything happen if we both reach Europa League next season, considering we have the same owners?

Does anything happen if we both reach Europa League next season, considering we have the same owners?

UEFA rules​

UEFA’s ‘Integrity of the UEFA Club competitions: Independence of clubs’ rule was adopted in 1998 and became effective for the 2000/1 season. This states that no two clubs or more participating in a UEFA club competition may be directly or indirectly controlled by the same entity or managed by the same person.

Having an interest in another football club is defined as meaning:

• the majority of the shareholders’ voting rights in another club in the same UEFA club competition;
  • the right to appoint or remove a majority of the directors in another club in the same UEFA club competition;
  • the majority of the shareholders’ voting rights (through a shareholders’ agreement) in another club in the same UEFA club competition.
In 2000, ENIC – an investment company with stakes in six European football clubs – lodged a complaint with the European Commission against this rule, claiming that it distorts competition by preventing and restricting investment in European clubs. The Commission, however, rejected ENIC’s claim, stating that the rule can be justified by the need to guarantee the integrity of the competitions.

UEFA rules​

UEFA’s ‘Integrity of the UEFA Club competitions: Independence of clubs’ rule was adopted in 1998 and became effective for the 2000/1 season. This states that no two clubs or more participating in a UEFA club competition may be directly or indirectly controlled by the same entity or managed by the same person.

Having an interest in another football club is defined as meaning:

• the majority of the shareholders’ voting rights in another club in the same UEFA club competition;
  • the right to appoint or remove a majority of the directors in another club in the same UEFA club competition;
  • the majority of the shareholders’ voting rights (through a shareholders’ agreement) in another club in the same UEFA club competition.
In 2000, ENIC – an investment company with stakes in six European football clubs – lodged a complaint with the European Commission against this rule, claiming that it distorts competition by preventing and restricting investment in European clubs. The Commission, however, rejected ENIC’s claim, stating that the rule can be justified by the need to guarantee the integrity of the competitions.
So if we get into the Champions League, and OHL get into the Europa League, that's ok?

And what if we then finish third and drop into the EL? Does one team have to drop out?

I've been watching OHL against Anderlecht. Sowah started and Eppiah came off the bench. King is awaiting a work permit.

Anyway, OHL have just gone in front 5 mins from the end. Vincent Kompany getting booked for complaining about the penalty decision.

Lovely stuff.

Losing 2-1 at HT. Had a man sent off very harshly. OHL not playing well on the artificial pitch.

Henry scored for OHL. A player that looks very good every time I've seen him. We could do a lot worse as a back up striker for Vardy.

And I think Sowah is better than Under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758