Oud-Heverlee Leuven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen him play but from the loan thread, he does stand out as one that is having a lot more impact than the rest.

Do we still have work permit issues with him if we wanted him over here?

Losing 2-1 at HT. Had a man sent off very harshly. OHL not playing well on the artificial pitch.

Henry scored for OHL. A player that looks very good every time I've seen him. We could do a lot worse as a back up striker for Vardy.

And I think Sowah is better than Under.

15 in 19 for Henry is some going.

A superb 3-2 comeback win for Leuven tonight. I watched the second half and it was highly entertaining. Josh Eppiah came on and setup the equaliser with a very good cross.

Currently 3-2 up and could go 5th.

The Belgian Pro League has unanimously voted to form a joint league with the Netherlands. It would include 10 dutch teams and 8 from Belgium. Will Leuven be able to get in?

Would they keep all the European places? Could create another strongish league.
Could certainly challenge the rest of the French League outside of PSG.
Ajax, Psv, Anderlecht and Brugge being the biggest teams i imagine.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/england-a...ing-leicester-city-move-foxes-huge-advantage/

“England attracts me” – 20 goal striker eyeing Leicester City move, Foxes have huge advantage
By Sean Lunt - 17th March 2021

OH Leuvren striker Thomas Henry has hinted at a possible move to Leicester City, who just so happen to be the sister club of the Belgian side.
Henry has been in fine form in Belgium this season, with 20 goals and five assists in 27 games in the Jupiler Pro League this season.
Those kind of numbers have not gone unnoticed, with several reports claiming that Turkish giants Besiktas are keen on a move in the summer.
Whether that happens, or he is just one of several possibilities, remains to be seen, but that led Hurriyet to seek out an interview and get some clarification.
And it was during that conversation that the player revealed he would prefer a move elsewhere in Europe, particularly Leicester City.
“Everyone knows Besiktas, which is a great club that plays in European cups every year,” he said.
“Other leagues are more prioritized for me. Germany, England, Italy or Spain make me dream more.

“But everybody is a big club that plays in European cups every year. Besiktas knows. We will see what will happen.
“Leuven is Leicester City’s sister team, and therefore the transition to the Premier League is easier for me. England attracts me.”
Unfortunately for Henry, a move to Leicester is unlikely this summer, even if it would be easy to get over the line.
The Foxes are well stocked for strikers with Jamie Vardy and Kelechi Iheanacho, the latter of whom has been very impressive in recent weeks while Vardy has struggled.
It’s unlikely they’ll be chasing an addition in that area this summer, but even if they were, it’s easy to imagine they’d be setting their sights a little higher than a 26-year-old in the Belgian top flight.
Still, Henry is clearly keen on the move if they’ll offer it, which is a big hurdle cleared if they ever decide to do so.
That, and the fact both clubs have Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha as their chairman.

When Sean Lunt quotes a Hurriyet article, you know it’s time to sit up and listen.

From his stats (goals and assists) this season, I'd be quite interested to see him have a run out for us in pre season.

Another option out wide is what we desperately need and it seems we could already have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757