Our 25 man squad for season 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jakupovic will still be here better to loan Ivesen out to a championship side

It does look like Iversen expects to be loaned out:

“I hope that I can use (the experience at Oldham) when I go out on loan again. At least that's my own plan, and I also hope it's (Leicester’s) plan".

I wonder whether we'd consider going with Johansson as third keeper - 21 years old in Sep and was the main U23 keeper last season and seemed to be well thought of. If we went with him as the 3rd keeper, he wouldn't need a place in the 25 man squad either.

Jakupovic surely can't stay any longer. Four appearances in two years and none since conceding five at Spurs in May 18. He's 35 in Oct so what's the point? I'd much rather have a young keeper as third choice than some old never-has-been seeing out a career.

It does look like Iversen expects to be loaned out:

“I hope that I can use (the experience at Oldham) when I go out on loan again. At least that's my own plan, and I also hope it's (Leicester’s) plan".

I wonder whether we'd consider going with Johansson as third keeper - 21 years old in Sep and was the main U23 keeper last season and seemed to be well thought of. If we went with him as the 3rd keeper, he wouldn't need a place in the 25 man squad either.

Jakupovic surely can't stay any longer. Four appearances in two years and none since conceding five at Spurs in May 18. He's 35 in Oct so what's the point? I'd much rather have a young keeper as third choice than some old never-has-been seeing out a career.
its just better for everyone to have him out playing games, if Jak leaves then sign another keeper who's around 35 to be 3rd choice, Ward needs more games too but he's clearly second choice and will at least get the cup games.

as things stand this would be my 25

1. Kasper
  2. Ward
  3. Jakupovic
  4. Ricardo
  5. Amartey
  6. Benkovic
  7. Maguire
  8. Evans
  9. Soyuncu
  10. Morgan
  11. Chilwell
  12. Fuchs
  13. NDidi
  14. Hamza
  15. Mendy
  16. Tielemans
  17. Maddison
  18. Barnes
  19. Gray
  20. Albrighton
  21. Perez
  22. Vardy
  23. Iheanacho
  24. Slimani
  25. King

I think Kapustka could be a wild card.

Where is this wild claim coming from? He's not kicked a ball for us since that infamous Millwall match when Ranieri was still manager. His subsequent loans have been miserable failures littered with injuries and disappointing performances.

He was a dud signing and is no longer a kid, he'll be 23 later this year. It's one of the downsides of awarding these long term contracts. When they go well, it's wonderful. However, when they don't, we're stuck with the likes of this goon for two more years if we can't get rid.

Where is this wild claim coming from? He's not kicked a ball for us since that infamous Millwall match when Ranieri was still manager. His subsequent loans have been miserable failures littered with injuries and disappointing performances.

He was a dud signing and is no longer a kid, he'll be 23 later this year. It's one of the downsides of awarding these long term contracts. When they go well, it's wonderful. However, when they don't, we're stuck with the likes of this goon for two more years if we can't get rid.

I believe in the restorative powers of the Brodge.

If Maguire stays - which I think he will if Man City aren't interested - then I think we may and should look to loan out Soyuncu.

we have no idea though do we as Rodgers has never worked with him when he returns Rodgers may love him

Simani is the only player I've heard Rodgers talk about in completely non-conciliatory terms. He said something to the effect of, 'sometimes it doesn't work at a club'.

If only some of the rumours of how unpopular he is with the rest of the squad are true, Rodgers will do whatever he can to avoid him even returning to the training ground when he's due back in early August.

I don't think he'll be at Belvoir Drive ever again, let alone in a City shirt. The problem, as it is with so many of the players, is nobody is mug enough to take him from us.

Simani is the only player I've heard Rodgers talk about in completely non-conciliatory terms. He said something to the effect of, 'sometimes it doesn't work at a club'.

If only some of the rumours of how unpopular he is with the rest of the squad are true, Rodgers will do whatever he can to avoid him even returning to the training ground when he's due back in early August.

I don't think he'll be at Belvoir Drive ever again, let alone in a City shirt. The problem, as it is with so many of the players, is nobody is mug enough to take him from us.
I understand that he made my as it stands list, along with King simply because there wasn't another player who I thought we had to name, although I'd back King to score goals from a midfield in a 433 again.

Elder, James, Ghezzal etc just offer next to nothing for me.

Choudhury is an incredible player who could become massive for us

**** sending him out on loan, he looked better than Ndidi last season

When he came back from injury last season, he got straight back into the side and he played pretty regularly after that, so I would say that Rodgers knows how he fits into the team.

I think we all love and appreciate Albrighton. His character and attitude shine. He's been a huge signing since we got him for nothing five years ago.

However, he just doesn't score enough. Nowhere near enough. And his assist record isn't good enough to make up for it. Rodgers was asked about signing Perez and said we needed more goals and more assists in the team. I think he picked Albrighton last season only because he was as effective as any of the other options at the time, i.e. not a lot, but his application was better.

If Rodgers can get players in that deliver goals and assists, and Perez is one or two I think he'll sign, then Albrighton becomes a bit part player. Especially if Barnes steps up this year.

Albrighton is incredibly consistent. He's scores very few goals every season!

His total Premier League record is 17 goals and 34 assists in 236 appearances. He's directly involved in a goal every 4.6 games.

For comparison, Ayoze Perez has 55 goals and 15 assists in 195 games in a worse team. He's directly involved in a goal every 2.8 games.

Perez is no better than Albrighton, especially over the season as he's incredibly inconsistent.

They can swap as and when needed I suppose.

We need to be very careful in droppi g players with solid attitudes like Albrighton.

Even towards the end of last season his attitude was better than many around him.

Completely disagree with that.

He’s largely the same player we won the title with. If he provides consistent support off the bench and unlocks the fullbacks when we are set up in a particular way, Albrighton is still a key figure.

Not saying he should start every week, but what a ****ing great player to have as an option.

He’s largely the same player we won the title with. If he provides consistent support off the bench and unlocks the fullbacks when we are set up in a particular way, Albrighton is still a key figure.

Not saying he should start every week, but what a ****ing great player to have as an option.

Yep

his main attribute is his crossing which is completely wasted unless Slimani suddenly remembers how to play football, he's not as quick as he used to be and never had a trick to beat a man to begin with, playing a 433 its more important for your wide men to provide a scoring threat, which Albrighton doesn't then provide crosses.

And please read what i said, If Marc Albrighton is starting every week for us we will not break the top 6.

He's fine as a squad player but part of the problem of him staying here is people vastly overrate him so anyone that starts in his place has to perform like Messi or the shit will hit the fan.

If Marc Albrighton was coming through an academy today he would not be a winger he'd be an attacking full back.

Maybe he could convert himself to a CM role, driving forward with the ball from there is something that could be very useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757