Our 25 man squad for season 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking News:

Someone, somewhere has made an offer for someone to join a team.

Sources say this could well happen.

Has Slimani played in any pre-season games? Does he still look crap? Are we likely to sell/loan him?

he'll come back when Wilf comes back
Didn't the commentator today say Wilf is already back? Maybe I misheard.

he was given his national side squad number, if we had no intention of using him would we have bothered

Slimani had a squad number last season, but we didn't use him.
All the senior players were given squad numbers. Even Matty James.

Didn't the commentator today say Wilf is already back? Maybe I misheard.

Slimani had a squad number last season, but we didn't use him.
All the senior players were given squad numbers. Even Matty James.
Matty James played last season at the start of it

Matty James played last season at the start of it

His first game last season was in January, But I meant he's been given a squad number for the coming . season. But I don't know why you think being given a squad number means someone is going to be played. We have more players with squad numbers than we can name in the Premier League squad. Some of those with numbers will leave.

His first game last season was in January, But I meant he's been given a squad number for the coming . season. But I don't know why you think being given a squad number means someone is going to be played. We have more players with squad numbers than we can name in the Premier League squad. Some of those with numbers will leave.
I was getting confused with the previous season when he was fit for 5 mins and the club stupidly renewed his contract.

Slimani lost his squad number so we had to specifically give him a new one, James just kept his from last year, Callum Elder forexample lost his number and wasn't given a new one

Slimani will be forgotten. Offloaded in a car boot sale maybe. I'm getting the impression that as well as being just a wee bit of a donkey that his attitude smells just a little too. If so, and his reputation precedes him, then our chances of selling him on for anything other than a giveaway price (what wage is he on BTW?) are probably small.

On another subject, did anyone see the celebrations for Perez's goal last night (I think it was his but maybe Vardy's)? Soyuncu came up to share in the 'joy' and Chilwell gave him a weird look. Not sure what it meant, maybe Soyuncu surprised Chilwell, dunno, but I hope there was nothing in it.

Come think of it, it was probably Vardy's goal. I don't think Soyuncu would have been up (field) for Perez's.

(Sodding autocorrect keeps changing Vardy to Hardy! Kiss me!!)

EDIT: Having looked at a yt vid, I can't now seem to find what I thought I saw... indeed, quite the opposite; Chilwell seems more than ok with Soyuncu. Makes me wonder what I saw, eye witness testimony eh? Never rely on it.

Last edited:
On another subject, did anyone see the celebrations for Perez's goal last night (I think it was his but maybe Vardy's)? Soyuncu came up to share in the 'joy' and Chilwell gave him a weird look. Not sure what it meant, maybe Soyuncu surprised Chilwell, dunno, but I hope there was nothing in it.

Come think of it, it was probably Vardy's goal. I don't think Soyuncu would have been up (field) for Perez's.

(Sodding autocorrect keeps changing Vardy to Hardy! Kiss me!!)
Chilwell has gone off by the time Vardy scored

So it was the Perez goal then, I couldn't remember which.
I just watched the highlights and it shows Chilwell and Soyuncu both celebrating together with Perez, no sign of anything unusual.

I just watched the highlights and it shows Chilwell and Soyuncu both celebrating together with Perez, no sign of anything unusual.

Yep, I'd done the same and edited my original post earlier. I don't know what gave me the impression there was a problem, tbh I'm baffled.

EDIT: Having looked at a yt vid, I can't now seem to find what I thought I saw... indeed, quite the opposite; Chilwell seems more than ok with Soyuncu. Makes me wonder what I saw, eye witness testimony eh? Never rely on it.

don't forget that the rest of Europe close the transfer window at the end of the month so there will be come movement on Silva and Slimani after that I reckon.

Also League 1 & 2 clubs can make loan deals until the end of August so hopefully the likes of Pascanu, Johnson, Hughes and Muskwe will get loan moves by then

Sorry if this was already answered (i did do a quick scan) but does anyone know when the 25 man squad needs to be confirmed? I assume after the deadline but before the first game but am not sure.

Also, is there any way to update the 25 if there is a gap. I'm thinking about what happens if say Silva or Slimani are initially included and then they move to a country such as France or Spain (who have a later transfer deadline). Could we then add someone who was initially excluded?

Sorry if this was already answered (i did do a quick scan) but does anyone know when the 25 man squad needs to be confirmed? I assume after the deadline but before the first game but am not sure.

Also, is there any way to update the 25 if there is a gap. I'm thinking about what happens if say Silva or Slimani are initially included and then they move to a country such as France or Spain (who have a later transfer deadline). Could we then add someone who was initially excluded?
No, you can’t add a player who needs to be registered to play until the window reopens.

Ouch. So we either include any players we may want to sell in our squads, and if we are sucessful in selling them, we have only 24 (or less) registered players until the next window. Failing that, we leave them out of the 25 man squad and seriously reduce our leverage with these foreign clubs who we may hope to sell to as they know if we dont take their offer, the player will be sat on the sidelines with nothing but League Cup games to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757