our 3 main problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Fox

IMO we have 3 main weaknesses

the 1st is blindingly obvious - an ageing squad, we need to bring through/get in some young players over the course of the rest of the season and next summer

the 2nd is we need some continuity, there has been enormous and continual personnel change at the club in the past 3 seasons, we need to develop a core of players who stay at the club a few seasons so we are again a proper team not a collection of journeymen. i think this is the reason behind some fairly flat displays this season. there are few leicester born lads in the 1st team squad and the majority of the squad have been at the club a season or 2 at most

finally we need a better central midfield, at the moment we look like a pretty solid defensive unit, lacking a bit of pace but other than that pretty sound, but there isnt much flow to out play, we rely heavily on set pieces and defensive errors for our goals and often look pretty sluggish in possession. IMO this is cos we have no one really commanding in the centre of the park, no one to dictate the play, nalis scores a few, has a nice pass on him but can often be anonymous, joey just isnt that sort of player and williams is yet to come good. basically we need to fill the void left by muzzy, obviously we'd struggle to get sum1 of his quality but we need a commanding central midfielder who really controls the play. if we get this i think we'll play better and score more, particularly through connolly

we only have 1 weakness, the way we 'play' football.... fecking overpaid bunch of crap tarts

All we need is a new goalkeeper, a left back, a right back, 2 centre backs, a left winger, a right winger, a couple of centre midfielders and a couple of strikers. :wink:

What we need is some new blood into the team, three new strikers one for back-up, a left winger, a defender who's in his peak and good, a new good scout to find some hot prospects and some tactics which will work for us with the team we have.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
All we need is a new goalkeeper, a left back, a right back, 2 centre backs, a left winger, a right winger, a couple of centre midfielders and a couple of strikers. :wink:

If we had a Roman Abramovich !! ;)

What we need is paitence, CL has inherited this ageing squad full of one dimensional, one paced who lack neither the hunger or desire to gain promotion. To move these players on will take time and until the summer I am afraid we are more than likely going to be stuck with the large majority.

Next summer however will allow CL to go out and build a team suited to his style of play, young, fresh with the ability to play fast high tempo football, hungry and possess the right mental attitude and approach, there has been a real lack of professionalism at the club over the last couple of years and it is going to take CL some time to change this mentality.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
What we need is paitence, CL has inherited this ageing squad full of one dimensional, one paced who lack neither the hunger or desire to gain promotion. To move these players on will take time and until the summer I am afraid we are more than likely going to be stuck with the large majority.

Next summer however will allow CL to go out and build a team suited to his style of play, young, fresh with the ability to play fast high tempo football, hungry and possess the right mental attitude and approach, there has been a real lack of professionalism at the club over the last couple of years and it is going to take CL some time to change this mentality.

CL appears to have the demeanour to tackle the deadwood, let's hope so.

And people wanted MA to stay!

PFKAKTF FOX said:

... exactly why I am giving him until the 10th game of the 06/07 season before making any serious wide ranging assessments. :wink:

we can put food on the table and have a warm bed at night, we have no real problems. Think like a christian, especially at this time of year. I'm going to give the first 50 herring i catch to the orphanage next week.

Hugh Jarse said:
Think like a christian, especially at this time of year. I'm going to give the first 50 herring i catch to the orphanage next week.

I'm going to donate all the crabs i catch this Xmas, & i'm not even a christian :roll:

If we can get a couple of players off the books and get a decent striker in I believe it could be all change for us and I think we could push for the play offs. It would also be great to have someone with a bit of a creative spark. Scowy was scoring when he was on the wing but since being moved up front the goals have dried up. This proves that the midfielders are failing to get decent balls into the front two. If we can adress these problems by getting a midfielder in (even on loan) and a new forward, we would be laughing and would be very tough to beat.

Optimism for the new year...thats the key

The midfield isn't the problem it's the strikers they don't have the scoring ability which they need if they want to play in that position the support from midfield has been brilliant we just don't have players with the ability to score. We always have plenty of shots each game but the strikers just don't have that cutting edge which we need.

nah i disagree - the midfield needs to be far more creative - why do you think we struggle to score so much against some of the better defences, like iv said on other posts we rely on set pieces and other sides mistakes for most of our goals and most of our chances, we rarely create them through good football and there have been precious few assists from any midfielder other than gillespie in the past few games.

if we play more through balls and more low crosses connolly will score more

All you have to do is watch a bit of premier football on tele and its easy to see how far down we have sunk since MON days.

Steven said:
PFKAKTF FOX said:

... exactly why I am giving him until the 10th game of the 06/07 season before making any serious wide ranging assessments. :wink:

I love your optimism.

If we want more goal, we must have more opertunities to score from and the whole squad are responsable for that. so dont just blame the strikers

Ok I'll say it we need some sort of team spirit here. I don't care how crap our players are, they can still play better. MON could get the best out of players, I just hope Levein can. Its way to early for Levy, he has already had a better start than MON with alot crapper squad. The guy is doing alright in my eyes.

You know what really has upset me in our last few matches I've listend to or seen. I may be wrong about this, you tell me....

I havn't heard the Leicester crowd get behind the team the way they have done in the past. I know there isn't alot to shout about being a Leicester fan at the moment but surely letting them know we are right behind them would maybe get them off there arses & out of their sulks & get them playing asthough they are appreciated here.

but you tell me... I havnt been to a match this season so I've only listened on the radio or watched it live.. Is it just me?

Atmosphere it wasnt it used to be, i swear a 75% full Filbo was louder than a 75% full Walkers which doesnt make much sense

I think we may actually been a victim of our (relative) success, often at home games i hear people moaning and cant help think the team is actually performing better than when we were back at Filbo and PissPott, Ormondroyd etc were part of our team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757