Our "fans" and "atmosphere"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregwah

Ok, been reading this forum for a while, and after seeing ugly scenes between our own fans on saturday feel i need to post. (Sorry its long)

What the hell has happend to our support? I know its been like this for a long time but I'm now sick to death of the crap atmosphere and support at the walkers.

I SIT in the kop much to my disgust which is now populated by families, where you get glared at if you stand up or say so much as a naughty word.

As one of the lads who was in the argument on saturday was saying our home support now has to be amongst the worst in the league and I totally agree with him. A few years ago we were voted the loudest in the land.

Fair enough as the other bloke was saying theres nothing to be inspired by or shout about on the pitch.

But when are tha fans gonna realise its not always about that. There were so many games I can remember at filbert street where we'd be a goal or 2 down and the fans rather than booing got behind the players constantly singing and you could see the players raising their game. Now unless we're winning the atmosphere is dead and if we're not it's yet another excuse to get on their back.

I had to smile at a quote by new signing Patrick McCarthy "I don't know much about the derbies down here but from what I hear it is every bit as big as a Manchester derby for this area." Well he certainly wouldnt have thought it after Saturday.

There are no player songs anymore which bond the players to the fans...and even now we're playing well the whole place just lacks atmosphere and I'm sick of it.

I hope if theres any 'singers' and old sk1 and 2 lads out there you'll move over to L1 with me and my mates next season, where we'll try and support the players and return the place to something like the good ol days.

Absolutly, I don't agree with moving to L1 though I have to say, but then I dont agree the Kop should be full of families.

We should make the Kop the standing part of the stadium IMO.

Atmosphere Block L1

Had a season ticket for 2 years in L1 sat in the kop once and the atmosphere is far, far better in L1 then anywhere lese in the ground!

Until SK1 is re-created in the new stadium then away teams will enjoy playing at the walkers as their hardcore support of 2-3000 are all sat together, where as our's are scattered about all over the ground or priced out altogether due to this season's crazy prices!

Maybe the club should consider catering for its more vocal supporters and designate a "Unofficial singing area" as even the boffins in the board must realise this level of noise at home is crap!]

SING YOUR HEART OUT FOR THE LADS!

i will be in the KOP next seoson with my season ticket. ill sing every game no matter what. also i'd like the KOP to be all standing. nothng better than standing up at a game

what about the guy across the gangway from me , :eek: he's priceless ,every time the opposition score he gives a little cheer on saturday it was your not singing anymore to the kop !!!:eek: he does this at every game since the walkers opened ,he even sits with his back to the game staring into the kop
I cant get my head round it why would you pay money to come every game and slag off city and not even watch the game.????

I thought the atmosphere was OK on Saturday - for the first half at least

I think people get too romantic about old Filbo
There was many a game where you could hear a pin drop down there, and many a game where we were completely outsung by opposition fans

And the moaning, whingeing, booing morons have not suddenly appeared overnight. If you ever had the misfortune to sit in the old Carling Stand you will have found several thousand of the miserable old bastards

The problem with the Walkers, as everyone knows, is that the morons who run our club decided in their infinite wisdom to stick the away fans directly opposite the "kop", and right next door to the Family Stand. The atmosphere we currently have is a direct result of that misguided, short sighted decision.

The Champ Manager boys in L1 can't be heard by the kop, and apparently the kop can't be heard by L1. The result is no singing at all - save for "Stand up if you love Leicester" and "East Stand East Stand start the Wave" - both of which should be banned with immediate effect.

homer said:
...."Stand up if you love Leicester" and "East Stand East Stand start the Wave" - both of which should be banned with immediate effect.

Homer, just saw this - they have a point:

East Stand East Stand start the Wave said:
I've only ever posted once Homer - give me a chance to win your affections!

Stand up if you love Leicester said:

They had some picture of a rabbit, or something
Appalling stuff

Hare hare.

Re: Moving the away fans

Would it not have been on advice from the authorities/police that this happened? As surely they wouldnt have done it unless requested to...either that or like you say they are morons!

As I've said before I think we need to put microphones on the back of each seat to increase the noise volumes. It would create more atmosphere and mean more points. Either that of a roof.

Joe_Fox said:
As I've said before I think we need to put microphones on the back of each seat to increase the noise volumes. It would create more atmosphere and mean more points. Either that of a roof.

and then people would shout obscenities down them :roll:
youve not thought it through joe :D :D

lazzer said:
Joe_Fox said:

and then people would shout obscenities down them :roll:
youve not thought it through joe :D :D

The possibilities are endless. :P :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We would have to employ x amount (where x = number of fans in the ground) of censors as well. Wage bill might increase a bit but what an atmosphere! There would have to be a 5-10 seconds delay (like Leicester Sound) for the censors to work effectively so if there was a goal it would sound like one hell of an echo - all in all a stupid idea - can't believe you even suggested it Joe. What a pillock.

what about a "greatest hits from Spion Kop" cd that could be played over the p.a. then no-one would need to bother singing, and if the lads are flagging a bit, just crank up the volume.
brilliant

there were actually microphones in the old kop, and people in the boxes could turn crowd noise on and off :roll:

Joe_Fox said:
We would have to employ x amount (where x = number of fans in the ground) of censors as well. Wage bill might increase a bit but what an atmosphere! There would have to be a 5-10 seconds delay (like Leicester Sound) for the censors to work effectively so if there was a goal it would sound like one hell of an echo - all in all a stupid idea - can't believe you even suggested it Joe. What a pillock.

You wouldn't have censors. You would use the same sort of voice recognition software that the NSA or GCHQ or other such outfits use in tandem with the time delay to get rid of unwanted sound. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

lazzer said:
there were actually microphones in the old kop, and people in the boxes could turn crowd noise on and off :roll:

That is the worst thing I have ever heard.

Is it not possible to get the foxes trust to bring this up at one of the meetings and request that the away fans be moved next to the kop. If the tigers/city ground share goes ahead they can move it then.

Probably wont happen though

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69